“Horribly, loud chirping noise while eating”

Lemongrass Seafood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Monterey, California
“Horribly, loud chirping noise while eating”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We are from the area, and are sad to say that we will not be eating at Lemongrass Seafood Bar and Grill again, ever, as there is this horribly loud chirping noise that one has to listen to while eating. We, politely, asked the waitress about the noise and she said it is for when the orders are ready, and then pointed to the restaurant, through the window and across the parking lot and said that we could go eat there. Just like that. We were stunned at her reply and could not believe what she had just said. This is a place that had, maybe 15 customers at the main dinner hour. And, just like that, instead of being nice in her reply, she shows us the door. We were truly amazed, as, like I have said, we were polite in the asking. It took a few minutes for us to respond to her comment, but after we talked about it, we decided that we, as customers, have a choice of where to spend our money, and we left. We have now made the choice to spend our time and money somewhere other than the Lemongrass Sea Food Bar and Grill.

I want to add that we have eaten here many times before and thought the food to be good.
Even if the waitress had not been so rude to us, we could not eat here again because the loud chirping noise, every time an order is up, for pick-up, just does not lend itself to a relaxing, enjoyable experience.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank ntebo

BRITISH COLUMBIA
“Moss Landing has so many great secrets”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After spending the morning on Elkhorn Slough, we stopped for a quick lunch at Lemongrass. The atmosphere was welcoming, the service was prompt and polite, the food was excellent (I love Thai food for it's fresh vegetables). We would certainly stop here again.

• Visited February 2014
Danville, California
“Great Thai food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a delicious dinner. If you are looking for Thai food and are in nearby Seaside or Marina, worth the 10 minute drive.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Very very good!!! Very nice service, highly recommended!!! Very nice stop along the way for a good and yammi lunch.

Princeton,NJ
“The best in town.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After my second multi-day visit to the Moss Landing area, I've had a chance to try most of the local restaurants. I wish I had found LemonGrass sooner. Admittedly, just one meal is probably not enough to jump to conclusions, but for me this is the best restaurant in town. I had a Chachacha seafood medley that was tasty and well cooked. The service was attentive and welcoming. I'll be back if I find myself in the area again.

Visited October 2013