Moss Beach Distillery Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Street
Reviewed July 31, 2014

It was my parents 32nd anniversary and I called and spoke to an extremely helpful and kind receptionist who said she also serves. She helped to create a very special evening for my Mom and Dad. Since we live so far away we wanted to help make their anniversary something to remember. I have not tried their food but as far as customer service goes they far exceeded any expectations. I am truly thankful!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is basically a hamburger place dressed up as a fancier restaurant. Although we had a selection of items from the menu, including various fish dishes, the best thing was the fries that came with one of the dishes. I should mention however, that the clam chowder was really good, an exception to the generally bland dishes we had. They need to up the standard of food and preparation if they want to continue to charge high prices! Another reviewer mentioned that tables and decor were rundown - we did not experience this.

The view on the deck is wonderful! Suggest that you eat elsewhere and enjoy a drink on the deck for the best experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great location overlooking the Pacific. If you can't sit on the terrace or it's really foggy, don't go just for the food. Terrace is semi self serve. Seafood sliders are excellent.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I went to have dinner and watch the sunset, major fail.

To start the location was ideal, the resturaunt was just okay. As with everyplace in the Bay Area it was dirty and in disrepair. Tables were Formica with chunks missing and plywood showing, no table cloths. Carpet could stand to be cleaned. The downstairs going out to the patio reminded me of an old ski lodge with plywood painted everything but not one thing in good shape. The exit from the patio you have to walk a small outside hallway past the big freezer and what smelled like trash while employees smoked cigarettes.

The food was good but when your customer facing areas are so dirty and in disrepair it makes me think the kitchen and areas that should be clean are probably not.

My wife and I are having the hardest time after being in the area for one year working, none of the restaurants even come close to meeting the cleanliness standards we are accustomed to on the east coast.

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I enjoyed the poached shrimp Louie salad. Husband had the braised short ribs. Lots of nice antique lamps and woodwork from the past.
Only negative was they do not take AE.