“Great service”

Moss Beach Distillery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moss Beach Distillery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Moss Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Street
San Francisco, California
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We took our friends and sat by the fire to watch the sunset. We had a glass of wine while we wrapped ourselves in the blankets they provided. Dinner was very tasty. The waiter was a storyteller who told us the story about the ghost of the blue lady.

• Visited September 2012

California
“Come for the view - sit outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I come here often though I live about an hour away. You come here for the view. To sit outside by the fire and watch the sunset. To have a (very expensive) cocktail. Yes, you will probably have to wait for a spot next to the firepits. Be patient. Be watchful. Move quickly. You'll eventually get a seat. It's worth it. Once you're seated the ambiance is hard to beat. Yes, it can be VERY COLD. That's what the wool blankets are for. Yes, the service is spotty. Keep your expectations to a minimum. Yes, the food is so-so. Drink instead. The oysters, however, have never let me down. They are always icy cold and smack-your-face fresh. The kitchen staff could use some practice shucking so be careful of shells. This is a half local, half tourist spot but one not to be missed.

• Visited January 2013
Felton, California
“Nice visit (again)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is my third or fourth visit to the Moss Beach Distillery and, unlike some others, I have always had a good experience. This time, we took our family (four adults, two children) for dinner while on a weekend outing to Half Moon Bay. The restaurant has received some negative reviews because it is "run down"; however, it's old!! It's historic!! Our wait person was very nice and accommodated our request to move since our table had NO lighting. The children were enthralled with the "ghost story" ... especially when I recalled how I had had an experience some years ago while sitting in the bar area. The food was okay (the clam chowder is great) but the experience, as a whole, was very positive. I will say that the night we were there, there really weren't many people in the restaurant so that helped. When it's busy, the energy level rises tremendously and it can get a little "crazy".

If you're in the area, the Distillery is worth a visit ... even if you just grab a drink and some appetizers and sit outside, enjoying the magnificent view.

• Visited October 2012
“Cliff top historic prohibition era distillery now bar. EXCELLENT hot chocolate with sunset views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Off route 1, on cliff top with spectacular views over Moss Beach's surf, sand and rock pools. A lovely outdoor patio with warming open fires and plentiful blankets make for a great sunset sojourn with hot chocolate.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Service!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had never been to this place, and was excited to come with a group of friends, and enjoy a nice lunch after our awesome hike. The view of the ocean was very nice, and although the price is a bit on the higher end it seemed we would enjoy. Wow! Was I wrong, I didn't even get to eat because when I went to the bar to order my food and drink, the lady onviously missed the training of customer service! She was extremely rude, so I decided to take my hungry tummy somewhere else. I have a problem paying for rudeness and poor customer service. Too bad this place employs staff with low performance which reflect on their business. I wouldn't recommend this place no matter how nice the view is. Plenty of business elsewhere with nice views.

1 Thank MMVBay