“Nice place to relax”

Ranked #1 of 1 Moss Beach B&B and Inns
Madison, WI
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here in mid September 2013. It is a nice inn. The location gets a lot of fog so not really a sunny vacation spot. It was cool and foggy most of the 3 days we were there. Nothing the inn can do about that. The breakfast and afternoon refreshments were excellent. We felt there was plenty of food - particularly the breakfast. The room was spacious with a nice fireplace. There were a few signs of aging in the room decor and the bathroom in particular. It was all clean though. The nearby town of Half Moon Bay was quaint. Really good italian restaurant (It's Italia) there that the inn recommended.

1 Thank Traveltime392

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Wow! The Seal Cove Inn was truly excellent!

We live just an hour away, so lucked out getting a one night, doggie-friendly room. I called at 3:30 on Friday afternoon, and there we were checking in by 5:00 p.m.

The grounds are amazing, even in November, there were still so many flowers. I really appreciated this.

The interior is TOP NOTCH beautiful. I notice every gorgeous detail. All the common areas are simply perfect.

It looks like some updates have been made to the room - the bed has a pretty upholstered headboard, the sheets were super soft, the room was a good size, big bathroom, and I loved the sliding glass door to the garden, but more updates are still needed such as wall-mounting the TV and getting rid of the TV cabinet.

Breakfast at the Seal Cove Inn was above and beyond fantastic. I do believe that bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon was the best I ever had. I LOVED the Peach Bellini, and the stuff French Toast was wonderful. We kept our little dog in her crate just outside the Breakfast room, in the living room.

The Inn has direct access to the Bluff Trail which was a big reason why we were interested in this hotel. Also loved walking through the cute surrounding neighborhood.

It was ALL great, AND WE ARE GRATEFUL for their doggie-friendly policy! The owners and staff were are wonderful too.

Very well done, Seal Cove Inn!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PTown4545
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Tucked off the road just north of HMB, we only had the opportunity to spend a quick night at this quaint inn. We chose it to get closer to SFO airport and it was just under 30min drive away. We were able to enjoy a brief walk around the grounds. There is a marine preserve and walking path within two blocks, it was rather cool so we did not linger long, but it was fun to view some harbor seals for a while. The room was comfortable, bath is just a bit dated. I wish we could have spent an extra day or two.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gulfcoasters
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our first visit to this inn on a visit to the place where we began our family. It was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Food was great. this is inn is right by the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve so morning walks are fabulous. I just can't say enough about how wonderful this place is. I guess I will just say we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Views from balcony rooms are wonderful
1 Thank buxtoncp
Meeker, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

After traveling in and out of the San Francisco area for the last year, this is the place to stay. Great rooms, walking paths, seals on the beach, personal care, quality chefs, and gardens to enjoy. A perfect California experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first time at the Seal Cove Inn while visiting friends in the area. It was a great positive experience, from the friendly personnel at the front desk, housekeeping, the chef and the owners; everyone takes personal care and pride of their work.

Let's talk about food. I'm a foodie so I appreciate good food - every morning guests can enjoy a 3-course breakfast - wonderful!!!! definitely a highlight of the trip from banana nut pancakes, bacon/cheese/veggies quiche, eggs with chimichurri and fingerling potatoes, fresh made smoothies, grilled pineapple with yogurt, or a mango parfait; fresh baked muffins, almandines, or coconut pastries - Everything made from scratch.

Every afternoon I was able to try a different wine with some snacks - the Inn includes a nice wine tasting.

The location is great. I took a walk to the beach every morning and afternoon to see the seals. so relaxing.

We rented bikes to go to Half Moon Bay - Restaurants are great, fresh seafood and good italian venues.

The rooms are spacious and I loved the soap and lotion, in fact I bought some as souveniers. The bed was very confortable with lots of pillows.

A perfect gateaway from the city or routine. Romantic or just relaxing after a business trip.

The property is being renovated, I'm confident I will be surprised again next time I'm going in Nov timeframe.

Thank you Seal Cove Inn for a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Second story offers balconies for a better view but the first floor offers 2 chairs where I took my...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Margarita F
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Believe all those people who've raved about this place before my review. They are not exaggerating.
One tip - if you do their last minute special, available only for the day you call, you get a great bargain. Yet, for the quality of the establishment, their list prices are justified.
One small critique of this beautifully appointed facility. Our bathroom could have used a shelf under the mirror which would have been more convenient than the small table by the sink.

Room Tip: The garden-view rooms are more convenient than the higher-priced balcony rooms since you can go righ...
1 Thank wolfg981
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lighthouse Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

Been to Seal Cove Inn? Share your experiences!