The Seal Cove Inn is one of the 4 Sister's Inns. We have stayed in 5 and they all have a different feel and surroundings. This inn is a lovely French country design with gardens you can meander through or sit on provided Adirondack type chairs and watch for the little bunnies and quail that come wandering out from under the bushes in search of seed that the owners provide. The rooms are nice, well appointed, each with French doors that open out to a private balcony or patio area. It's very quiet and peaceful. A burlap bag of wood chips are provided each day for burning in the real fireplace. Upon arriving one of the staff will present you with a bottle of wine and give you a quick little tour of your room. Be sure and inquire about operating the tub/shower as it took us some time to figure out how to get water to the shower nozzle. The beds are comfortable and the pillows were better than most pillows that are provided at B&Bs. They offer hors d'oeuvres at 5 PM along with a nice hot breakfast with many delicious fresh fruits, breads and cereals at 8:30 every morning. The staff is friendly but unless you engage them in conversation, they go about their daily work and keep to themselves. They are there for you if you need them and will offer suggestions for eating and taking walks along the many trails just outside the front door to the inn. Be sure and take the walk along the trail that leads to the split-rail fence. Take this walk for approximately half a mile and you will find an area where you can look over the cliff, about 200 feet straight down, and see all the elephant seals basking in the sun. Be sure and take your camera. We found the restaurants right on the beach very expensive and crowded. The 3 most popular ones are The Miramar, the Moss Beach Distillery and Sam's Chowder House. If it's the weekend, be prepared to wait and then be prepared to pay a lot. On the recommendation of one of the inns staff people, we went into Half Moon Bay and there's a restaurant on Main Street called, It's Italian. It was wonderful with great service and ambiance and the food was exceptionally good.
I would recommend Seal Cove Inn to anyone that enjoys gardens, relaxation and a great experience. The only negative I could find was the inn really needs to wash their windows as both inside and out needed attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 23 miles south of San Francisco, Seal Cove Inn is an exclusive ten-room Half Moon Bay hotel, set apart by its recently completed renovation, dedication to luxurious details, As You Wish concierge services and peaceful, private surroundings. Cypress trees form a graceful arch over the pathway leading from the hotel down to Seal Cove Beach and the breathtaking Fitzgerald Marine Reserve. The inn is ideal for a romantic getaway or corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seal Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seal Cove Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Moss Beach
- Seal Cove Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn