“Delicious food, well prepared!”
Review of GC's Bistro - CLOSED

GC's Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Romantic special occasions casual fine dining
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious food, well prepared!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went for the "early bird" special dinner, which was an outstanding value. The menu changes frequently, but on this occasion, there were three fresh fish selections. We had the local rock cod and the grilled swordfish. Both plates came with fresh vegetables, and a choice of salads or soup.
The food was skillfully prepared, and everything was delicious. This gem is a very popular dining spot, so make sure to arrive early and make reservations. You will not be disappointed! Bravo, Giancarlo!

• Visited June 2014

Upland, California
“Crazy good food; somewhat slow”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Each dish is different from what you're used to.

Beautifully prepared and served. Would definitely go back here even though the service is a tad slow.

Fish was delicate and very nicely seasoned in a green sauce.

The bread served with balsamic vinegar and grilled garlic was wonderful. Loved the smokey flavor of the unusual Caesar salad.

Take advantage of their early-bird special pricing. Extremely reasonable.

What sort of Italian restaurant doesn't have any decent mineral water? Weird.

• Visited June 2014
Morro Bay, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I bought for mothers day a deal saver coupon for my parents to have a wonderful fancy dinner at a local resturant. They booked the reservations and of coarse I tagged along. We were the only table there so we had a great time from the waiter to the owner and so on. The food was fantastic! My parents loved every part of the experience. The starters to dinner and drinks was perfect. I will recommend to anyone and everyone. Go Local we have what it takes in our hometown.

Visited June 2014
Morro Bay, California
“Best place to eat in Morro Bay”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I can't say enough about how wonderful the food is at Giancarlo. After several dinners, I have never been disappointed. Very friendly staff and a menu that offers many options. The absolute best caesar salad I have ever had.

• Visited May 2014
Cambria, California
“I'm So STUFFED”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I just enjoyed my first meal at Giancarlo's restaurant. I was really surprised at what a great restaurant it was. Passing by on Morro Bay Boulevard I have never thought it was that kind of place. I was wrong.

Our meals were fantastic. Our salads were first class: I had insalata misti: mixed lettuce, port poached pears, walnuts, gorganzola, truffled-vanilla champagne dressing. She had the roasted beet salad. We could have stopped at just salads, but of course we didn't. My wife had strozzapreti con polpette e salsiccia (Strangle the Priest) a wonderful combination of pasta, meatballs, Italian sausage and marinara sauce with crusted mozzarella on top. I had polo parmiggiana. Both were excellent and far more than enough. The wine list was not extensive but they also have a full bar.

I have absolutely no reservation about recommending Giancarlo's. We will be back!

• Visited May 2014