“Crazy good food; somewhat slow”
Review of GC's Bistro - CLOSED

GC's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Romantic special occasions casual fine dining
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Each dish is different from what you're used to.

Beautifully prepared and served. Would definitely go back here even though the service is a tad slow.

Fish was delicate and very nicely seasoned in a green sauce.

The bread served with balsamic vinegar and grilled garlic was wonderful. Loved the smokey flavor of the unusual Caesar salad.

Take advantage of their early-bird special pricing. Extremely reasonable.

What sort of Italian restaurant doesn't have any decent mineral water? Weird.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I bought for mothers day a deal saver coupon for my parents to have a wonderful fancy dinner at a local resturant. They booked the reservations and of coarse I tagged along. We were the only table there so we had a great time from the waiter to the owner and so on. The food was fantastic! My parents loved every part of the experience. The starters to dinner and drinks was perfect. I will recommend to anyone and everyone. Go Local we have what it takes in our hometown.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I can't say enough about how wonderful the food is at Giancarlo. After several dinners, I have never been disappointed. Very friendly staff and a menu that offers many options. The absolute best caesar salad I have ever had.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I just enjoyed my first meal at Giancarlo's restaurant. I was really surprised at what a great restaurant it was. Passing by on Morro Bay Boulevard I have never thought it was that kind of place. I was wrong.

Our meals were fantastic. Our salads were first class: I had insalata misti: mixed lettuce, port poached pears, walnuts, gorganzola, truffled-vanilla champagne dressing. She had the roasted beet salad. We could have stopped at just salads, but of course we didn't. My wife had strozzapreti con polpette e salsiccia (Strangle the Priest) a wonderful combination of pasta, meatballs, Italian sausage and marinara sauce with crusted mozzarella on top. I had polo parmiggiana. Both were excellent and far more than enough. The wine list was not extensive but they also have a full bar.

I have absolutely no reservation about recommending Giancarlo's. We will be back!

1  Thank panoramarick
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We purchased the Early Bird special from Deal Saver. Wasn't expecting much for the cost. But one of friends who frequents this restaurant was always saying great things about it. So figured we'd give it a try. So glad we did! Our waiter, Dylan, was very attentive and friendly and did a great job. We were even greeted by the chefs and welcomed in by them upon our arrival. Being in the restaurant/bartending field, I always look for service above and beyond. This was no exception. Our meals were individually hand prepared - no packaged stuff here. Even the simplest item like the bread and the oil dip were amazing. I highly recommend Giancarlo's!