“loved my stay”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
San Bernardino, California
“loved my stay”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My first time at this motel and I will definety go there again.Ann Marie the manager was very nice and helpful.Few little problems in the room on check in-burned out bulb and phone that didn't work--but those problems were fixed the next moring.The location is great-just a block from the shops on the waterfront.Fiireplace in the room takes up one whole wall.My only complaint is that the bathroom is very cold with no heat or heat lamp.When I was leaving the motel in April they were getting ready to install flat screen tv's and new carpeting in all the rooms.I also enjoyed the jaquizzi-the water wasn't too hot like at some places.I really had a great time at this Inn.

Room Tip: good views from pretty much all the rooms-especially the second and thrid floors -but there is no el...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank 703KATHY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Glendale, California
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I come to MB several times a year.The two queen beds were great.The fireplace in the room was a nice bonus.No elevator!(boo hoo).Man up and climb those stairs!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank john s
Canoga Park, CA
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stay in Morro Bay several times a year and I have stayed in a majority of the motels in the area. I have to say this was one of my best experiences. It was quiet. The room was very cute and cozy and my favorite part was the nice and honest staff. I have encountered a lot of sketchy people at motels before but their employee Ann Marie was nice enough to call me and tell me I left my coach wallet and keys at the hotel. I very highly appreciated her call and friendliness. Along with that the location was great and close to all the places I love to visit. The bed is not the most comfortable but I can basically say that about every motel I have ever stayed in. I will definitely stay here from now on.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Elizabeth M
celebration, fl
Reviewed January 19, 2012

-No clock or radio in the room
-No hair dryer (we asked for one and were told, when we were given one, don't use it on high b/c it will blow all the lights out)
-Paper thin walls
-The continental breakfast was Tang, weak coffee and a small selection of stale mini-muffins in the 5'x5' reception area.
- No elevator in a 3 story building.
- Old tube type TV with poor picture.

There is no way that it could ever be rated above low quality so i question the validity of those reviews that rate it exceptional or outstanding in any catagory. It was clean anmd you had a partial view of Morro Rock so I did not rate it terrible

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank akabono
Bakersfield Ca
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here Oct 8th, for 1 night due to Paso Robles beeing sold out. This was reccomended by a friend who was traveling with us. Last minute change of plans we called the PSI to see if they could accomidate us. They had 2 rooms available. 1 room with 2 beds, and the other was a Cottage Room (small apartment). I ended up getting the Cottage. It was cute and cozy. Has a full size kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms with queen size beds, 1 bathroom with shower, toliet, and sink. This cottage is so adorable, my husband and I were laying in bed and were saying it's a little outdated but if they threw on a coat of paint and put t.v.'s in each room and updated it, it would be the perfect vacation home for a week. Hopefully they can take my suggestions and make the room more modern and up to date. Overall was very pleased!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank LisaRmro
Frankfurt
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We arrived late and had no reservation but staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ok and clean, everything worked fine, so we did not have any problem at all. We really just needed a place for the night. There was no breakfast, just coffee, orange juice and mini cupcakes but ok for a quick bite. There was a problem with the ice machine, but it was fixed immediately. Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sunsetd
San Mateo, California
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The pictures on the site are misconceiving and the place is a complete dump. I was appalled at our room. After planning our 1-year anniversary in Morro Bay we were excited to stay in the 2-bedroom suite with full kitchen and private entrance. Seeing that my King is a Chef we thought this would be perfect for us. Unbeknownst to us upon arrival, there were no utensils, cookware, or flatware in the “suite”. We were told after checking in we had to bring our own. WHAT?!?! Bringing your own “stuff” is not industry standard. AND, that information should have been shared with me when I made the reservation, seeing that I was coming over 300 miles away. Oddly enough, we were then instructed to go down to the grocery store to purchase cookware if we really wanted to cook. The only reason we decided on this location was because it boasted of an amazing kitchen. Now, to add insult to injury: The carpets are filthy, there was no telephone in the room, there was no second bedroom (just a bed place in an open space with no door that looked like an old dining room), the bathroom was not remodeled (a slab of granite was sloppy laid down with pencil marks still on the wall from measuring), the alley way behind our room featured some super suspect activity, a broken lamp sat in the corner on the floor, the ironing board was broken, the toilet wasn’t clean, and to top it off the $100+ we spent on food had to stay in our cooler because the mini-refrigerator couldn’t accommodate it all. But what really pissed me off the most and the reason I even decided to write the review is that I requested the owner to contact me more than 4-5 times throughout our stay and Mr. “John” Patel to date still has not called, written, or emailed. Even at paying $253 for 2 nights, I wouldn’t pay $2.53 for 2 nights if I had to deal with a slumlord and such a sickening property. The only saving grace was the couple who checked us in was nice and the location was close to everything. But I am sure I could say that of the 15 other properties in the area. Again, DON’T WASTE YOUR $$$, STAY ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Medina M
PacificShores, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Hello,

We would like to respond to this guest review by first stating that we don't even advertise a 2 bedroom suite with FULL KITCHEN and PRIVATE ENTRANCE. We are not sure where this guest got their hotel information in regards to the hotel "boasting an amazing kitchen" from because it's not advertised on our website or any of our affiliates. The only way this room is rented is by phone reservations which are made directly at the hotel and it is clearly disclosed as a cottage with a kitchen and not a FULL kitchen. The reason why the cottage is not available for online booking is due to the fact that it is in high demand and usually out of inventory. As far as having pots and pans along with utensils, it is not an industry standard and is typically not provided in a hotel unless it is advertised as a FULL kitchen. Any guests requesting property information can visit our website which discloses correct and accurate hotel info.

Thanks