“Disappointing”

Ranked #13 of 107 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 7, 2015

We had eaten here a few years ago and found the food to be very good. We recently returned and since we had our dog with us, we ate outside on the pier. It was like night and day. The food was mediocre at best. My fish was overcooked and tasted as if it had been prepared hours earlier and had been sitting in a steam table just waiting for me to order it. My wife's salad was just OK. We will try this place again, making sure to eat inside next time.

Reviewed September 5, 2015

We arrived Friday night 7pm. It was very cool, but they had a nice fire burning outside. We had a little blanket. Comfortable. The atmosphere was better outside as it seemed more cozier. You hear the water, the guys and people talking softly, not loud to interrupt other customers. My hubby had the Grilled fish /Fries and I had Clam Chowder in a bread bowl and Smoked Oysters. We took an order of Crab Cakes for our ride home. The cost is $$. Everything was good. They did forget the drinks, but the place was busy. I forgot them myself, but needed a drink of water. They had two people preparing food that were chatting loud. that would be the only complaint. I believe one of them was making shrimp kabob's and was doing it wrong. I just remember them counting the shrimp that was suppose to be on the stick. So we passed on those items. There is a place where you can sit inside, but the area is not quite useful for a person in a wheelchair. There are bathrooms on the other end of the restaurant. There is a restaurant behind it as well, that had entertainment. The music of the golden years or the mood. This guy could sing. :) Its behind the Taffy Shop. It was still open due to the busy weekend. This restaurant is worth the visit no matter which part of Dockside you eat. I was debating BBQ or Smoked Oysters... Smoked won out and they were delicious. This may have been our 4th visit this year.

Reviewed September 4, 2015

We had to send our swordfish back twice -- first time it was cold and overcooked, then it came out terribly underdone. Third time was a charm and it finally tasted good, but you'd expect a place on the docks that specializes in seafood would be more reliable.

Reviewed September 2, 2015

We were sent here by our hotel's manager. It's where she likes to go eat. Had the Admiral's platter, grilled! Fantastic! Fresh flavorful and cooked just right. The other meal was the halibut fish and chips. Excellent! Splurged on a Flan for desert. Price was excellent. The servers were super nice and friendly.

Sea lion swimming by was icing on the cake!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I had takeout from this place; fresh grilled fish for $12 and the Tuesday special oyster stew, which was to die for. Tremendous value and it appeared most tables had a great view of the Morro Rock. Not fancy by any means but who cares when you're in a beach town.