“Fresh, Family, Local”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Clovis, California
“Fresh, Family, Local”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We eat here every time we are in the area which is frequently. We even ate there 3 dinners in a row on our last visit! Crazy! This is the freshest fish you can find and they even will state whose vessel the fish was caught on. Captain Mark and his wife are fishermen themselves and help support the local fisheries and economy. Though they serve the mandatory fish and chips style food (and it's great!), don't overlook what they can do with the other ways of serving fish. The daily specials are hard to pass up and usually represent what has most recently come in. If the locals eat here, and they do, then you know it has to be good. Skip the bigger, fancier and more expensive places uptown. Buy local, you will be glad you did!

Visited April 2013

Slopes of Mauna Kea, Island of Hawaii
“REVIEWS ON TRIP ADVISOR ARE FOR 2 SEPARATE RESTAURANTS”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

They are next to each other and related by family ties and more. But they are definitely different places.

If you read a review about entre's or the service at table side, or wine tasting, or indoors at night, or dinner, that is "Tognazzini's Dockside."

If you read about BBQ oysters, enjoying the great outdoors with boats, a big rock, sea gulls, etc., THAT is "Tognazzini's Too."

I prefer the Tognazzini's Too. It is open from mid morning to sunset only. It is a self service counter with a real nice selection of seafoods.

Review for Tog's Too:

The BBQ oysters (no matter what the price is up to) simply MUST be Morro Bay Oysters. They are the best ever. You have to ask, it depends on the state of the harvest. I eat them almost every day I'm there. They aren't really BBQ, they are grilled and swimming in wine and butter.

Also a hit with me is the fried calamari, which you can get with or without fries.

I like the seaweed salad, to offset the damage I'm doing with fried food.

Fish tacos are good, per dining companions. Other things, too. You can buy small bottles of wine or a bottle of beer. Ask for ice water if you want it.

You eat outside at a table, go up and pick up your order. You also need to gather your condiments, napkins, forks while your order is prepared.

Nice music variety, local musicians, tip-worthy. Relax, sit back, soak up the rays (or if it is foggy, bundle up). Always a nice crowd.

Dog friendly with places to hook them up. I am not keen on dogs in restaurants but have never been bothered by one here.

I have NEVER had less than a 5 star lunch here. Price is right.
TONS OF STREET PARKING ON BOTH SIDES OF STREET.

------- Moving over to Togs Cafe: A warm place on a cold, rainy night, with friendly people and so-so food. We rarely go there, but appreciate the fact it is open when little else is and that it's jumpin'. It's cleaner than most, Probably serve good breakfasts, but I don't know. ? If I did not like my food, I mean if it was actually BAD (vs. so-so) or not as menu describes, I would advise my server. Give it back. If they don't comp it, they would be out of business. Just eat the rest or order something else.

People that halibut will be flavorful don't eat much halibut. It will also be dry. Fish depends on what the catch was.

In the day time, you can read a chalk board by Tog's Too with the boat, name of skipper, and I think what the catch was for the current fish.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Vegan_Foodie
Miramichi
“Great food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, very fresh fish. Sitting there looking at the ocean eating great food.very nice.I'd eat there again.

Visited April 2013
Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, reasonable price, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I tried this restaurant on a Sunday evening on the advice of the manager of my motel, and his recommendation was right on the money. It's located on the beach and was a 10 minute walk (or 5 minute drive at most) from my motel. I was greeted immediately and shown to a nice table with a good view of the water, although it was dusk so I didn't get to enjoy the view as much as I would have liked. The waitress was prompt, very friendly, and was able to answer my questions with some excellent recommendations for a seafood bisque, a shrimp and scallops dish, and a flan for dessert. All 3 were very tasty and nicely sized portions. I hope to get back to Morro Bay soon, and I'll definitely stop in to the restaurant again. NOTE: There is more than 1 Dockside restaurant on the beach, and this review applies to what I think is the original.

• Visited April 2013
Morro Bay, California, United States
“Best fish & chips on the Central Coast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You'll have a very hard time finding better fish & chips on the Central Coast. And that's because the owner is a longtime commercial fisherman and he's extraordinarily picky about the fresh fish he sources from fellow commercial fishermen. AND all of the fish at Toggnazini's is bona fide fresh from the sea. Even though lots of the fish in the chips is fresh frozen from Alaska, its still fresher than supposedly "fresh" fish found in a meat market. Just because a fish hasn't been frozen does not mean it hasn't languished in a fish hold for a week before hitting the docks and then languishing for a few more days on ice or in a refer. Our very favorite Tog venue is his Dockside eatery. It's a walk-up to order and a sit on the patio overlooking the fishing fleet and the bay, utterly charming and casual place----where doggie are just as welcome than the people.

• Visited April 2013