“I won't go rushing back ....”

Tognazzini's Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I wouldnt do a special trip to visit Morro Bay unless its just a stopover. We thought the wharfside would be the best bet for a seafood restaurant. The crab was prepacked and
I should have realised that may not be the best. The Morro Bay oysters were not chilled sufficiently. Chowder luke warm and just tasted of cream. Popcorn shrimp heavily breadcrumbed. And an out of tuned duo in a very bad suit!

There are newer reviews for Tognazzini's Dockside Restaurant

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I have lived in the area since 1998 and when my wife and I and our friends want quality and fresh seafood, we always eat here. They have a daily fresh seafood special which is always great as a main dish or in a sandwich. They also have a variety of other choices on the menu, including the seafood quesadilla and Admiral's Platter, as well as fish and chips. Much of the fish comes from local fisherman, so you know from whom and what you are eating. The owners and the staff are all friendly and professional. It's a great place all around.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

One of the best restaurants I’ve been to in years. Quality service, quality food, very tasty and very fresh! The Oyster Rockefeller appetizer was superb! The main course was big and full of fresh shellfish including local cod. Got to watch a commercial fishing boat offload not 40 feet from our window seat while we dined. I will make it a point to stop in when I’m in the area. This is my new go-to place for dinner on the road. It truly was a great find.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you like for real fresh fish - this is the place. Captain Mark offers one of the best deals in the Central Coast. The "catch of the day" is absolutely wonderful and a bargain! And in my estimation, as a former executive chef, Dockside has the best clam chowder in Morro Bay. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at Morro Bay for one night on our way from Monterey to LA. The hotel owner recommended us the Dockside restaurant, which was in just 5 min from the hotel. Well, I would say: if you even just pass by Morro Bay, take a chance to have a meal at Dockside! The food was excellent! We had fish "specials of the day". The service was also very good. No surprise that the place was full!