“NEVER AGAIN”

Blue Sky Bistro on the Bay
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Spectacular views and outdoor tables make this "Bistro on the Bay" a perfect spot to relax, enjoy a latte or organic coffee and hot breakfast.Breakfast is served all day. In addition to the indoor seating, there are 18 outdoor waterfront tables to enjoy watching the seals, otters, pelicans and other nature as well as watching the sailboats drift by. There is soothing live weekend entertainment in the morning and it gets a bit kicked up in the afternoon during happy hour and they have their own house wine among a great wine list. The scene is gorgeous and a glassed in area is provided to enjoy the outdoors when it is windy. Sunset is beautiful from this location while dinner is served. Fresh local seafood is the main dish along with pastas and fresh salads.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Please be advised: They allow dogs to stay at the tables and roam around. You do not want to have to eat with a 70lb dog sitting next to you. I have nothing against dogs but do not want them next to me at breakfast. The server we had brought us menus and coffee and tea. then we waited and waited for ordering. When the food came it was sub-par. what you could find in fast-food . She then came to refill cups and poured coffee into my tea. She said she would replace it but never came back and avoided us for the rest of the meal. we also had no water so my meal was eaten with NOTHING TO DRINK. when my husband went to get the bill he told her he was not paying for the tea. She thought it was funny and laughed in his face. IT WAS NOT FUNNY!! we paid for the meal and left. her trying to apologize after the fact only made my husband mad and me in tears. All I can do now is know to never go there again and warn others to be prepared for terrible service and some servers who do not care if you get your order or not. BEWARE!!!

2  Thank jean r
Denise R, Owner at Blue Sky Bistro on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

As the owner of Blue Skye, I am profoundly taken back and sincerely apologize for the service and circumstances during your visit. I am hoping I can get some additional feedback regarding your experience.
Please let us know what was the day of your visit and if you were sitting inside or outside.
Also if you could let us know what you ordered, what was not up to your expectations about your meals and if you have anything to comment on regarding how it could have been more to your liking. In this business we hire new young people this time of year who are working their first job and may be a bit nervous and do not handle complaints in an experienced manner. We strive to train and enable our staff to be professional, gracious and attentive and we have confidence that their skills will improve with time and training. Service dogs are allowed in restaurants (which is required by law) but we require leashes on all dogs and do not allow them to roam. Foremost, we want to make sure all of
our servers REALLY do care about our customers and that attention to timing is extremely important. It would help a great deal if you would take a moment to answer my questions and help us with any additional details by sending us an email at Blueskyecafe@gmail.com. I would really appreciate your time and I hope to have the opportunity to help you in the future.

Respectfully,
Denise Robson
Owner
Blue Skye Coastal Cafe
Blueskyecafe@gmail.com

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Friendly staff, quick with the seating and water. Waited about ten minutes before the order was taken. Food came out reasonably fast after ordered, considering the limited wait staff spread between outside and inside seating. Food was tasty, though toast was not buttered, and rock hard, cold butter cubes are always a turn off. Prices reasonable, especially in light of the high prices at most locations in Morro Bay. Portions were average. Unfortunately, we had to "share" the dining room with a table with two screaming brats. The intense, shrill and piercing tones coming out of the relative quiet were disruptive to most folks in the room. Two grandmas started getting self conscious about their offspring and took them for a brief time out outside; this didn't last long enough. Why don't the teach their kids to mind their children, or better yet, leave them at home until they can go out in public without screaming.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Varied menu - we love "The Rock":-). Choice of outdoor seating in the open, in glassed-in area (wind shelter) or indoors.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food seems a bit expensive for what you get, and I wasn't thrilled by their "award winning" clam chowder. But the view is marvelous, and if you're sitting at the outside tables you can have your dog with you...a big plus!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Alan and Denise have made subtle but good improvements in the feel of this spot and the food is always excellent. They have good choices for the light eater or the folks that want to pig out. A great place to people watch right on the water.