“The menu was hopeful, but service was terrible.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Sky Bistro on the Bay

Blue Sky Bistro on the Bay
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Soups, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spectacular views and outdoor tables make this "Bistro on the Bay" a perfect spot to relax, enjoy a latte or organic coffee and hot breakfast.Breakfast is served all day. In addition to the indoor seating, there are 18 outdoor waterfront tables to enjoy watching the seals, otters, pelicans and other nature as well as watching the sailboats drift by. There is soothing live weekend entertainment in the morning and it gets a bit kicked up in the afternoon during happy hour and they have their own house wine among a great wine list. The scene is gorgeous and a glassed in area is provided to enjoy the outdoors when it is windy. Sunset is beautiful from this location while dinner is served. Fresh local seafood is the main dish along with pastas and fresh salads.
San Luis Obispo, CA
“The menu was hopeful, but service was terrible.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

It was a Saturday before noon and we decided to swing in here with a party of 8 to have a late breakfast. They have a great outdoor seating area overlooking the bay with great views of Morro rock and dogs are welcomed. The menu looked really impressive. More than just your standard eggs, potatoes and pancakes kind of menu. It took us a while to get served and coffee refills were few and far between. It also took a very long time to get our entrees and when they did finally arrive, they had completely forgotten one of the orders in our party. Which, happens, but then the order was NOT expedited and we saw others who ordered the SAME item getting their food before our friend received her entree. We ended up having to take it to go and were still charged full price. Even a small discount on the breakfast would have gone a long way here. I ordered the California Benedict which was just o.k. It was literally drowning in hollandaise, so if I ever went here again for sit down breakfast, I would order that on the side. However, it is very unlikely that I will ever visit this restaurant again in the future for a sit down meal.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, California
“Couldn't have found a better spot for breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I initially stopped at Blue Skye Cafe because it was the only place on the waterfront open for breakfast on a Tuesday morning. I was pleasantly surprised! The morning fog had not lifted yet and it was still a bit chilly, so I could not sit on their deck but will definitely check it out next time. Their deck sits right on the water front. You can watch seals in the wharf swim by as you eat!

Anyway, I sat inside and ordered breakfast. The service was great, very friendly and very fast. The food was perfect and served with fresh fruit. I am so happy I discovered this little gem and will definitely visit again next time I am in Morro Bay... maybe for happy hour! I definitely recommend!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grover Beach, California
“Bad service not mitigated by the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I waited a full 1/2 hour to be served a glass of wine and a glass of water. Even after I spoke to the manager, who blamed the poor service on computer problems, things did not much improve. Although I was comped my first glass of wine as an apology, the server listed on my check never did appear, and the bus boy type who DID serve me clearly didn't know what he is/was supposed to be doing. The shrimp cocktail was generous, however that did not make up for an overall bad service experience.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
slo
“Happy hour was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stopped in for a late lunch after kayaking and stumbled upon an awesome spot for a beer and some delicious nachos. They have two for one on some of their draft beers (I had a Pacifico), great service and an awesome view of the bay. Nice work, Blue Sky!

• Visited April 2011
Santa barbara
“Good Food, Good Service, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

What a great location with a sax playing and outdoor seating with a view of the bay. The yogurt parfait is excellent and the server was very attentive. I would highly recommend this restuarant.

• Visited February 2011