“Beautiul view, but that's about it”

Dutchman's Seafood House
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dutchman's Seafood House is open for both lunch and dinner. Dutchman's Seafood House is a spot that will quickly become your place to meet friends and family to dine and drink on the bay. Paul and his family are happy to welcome you to their space and showcase their array of fresh handpicked ingredients from local fishermen and farmers that they support. The food at Dutchman's Seafood House will come to life on your plate!
California
“Beautiul view, but that's about it”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We were seated quickly and then the rest of our dining went extremely quickly, like they were trying to get us out of there. The food was okay, nothing special. My husband and I both had fish dinners that were $18.99 and the portions were small but adequate. The cooked vegetables tasted raw and after quickly serving us our food, our waitress disappeared for the rest of our meal; only asking if we needed anything just as we were finishing. My children's meals came with those plastic to go drink cups with lids that had advertisements on them promoting another location and it was also stated on the kids menu, that if you wanted to take the cups with you, you would be charged $1.00 extra. The view of Morro Rock was beautiful, but the rest of the place doesn't match up with it's gorgeous view.

Clovis, California
“Yummo”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I HEART THIS PLACE!!!! I have eaten here several times and have always been satisfied. The clam chowder is hands down THE BEST in Morro Bay. The sandwiches are great, the burgers are juicy the Fish and chips are sooooo good . The Tartar sauce (as most fish and chips buffs would know tarter sauce is key) was very good . Everywhere to sit in this place has a view. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the price is not bad. would say if you want a Applebees feel but one a more interment scale come here, But be advised the food is WAY better lol.

wally5472, "Captain Wally" (owner) at Dutchman's Seafood House, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Hi Yummo, Thank you!! for the great review, we here at the "Dutchie" are proud of our place on the bay and want to do the best job possible for customers like you...join us on Facebook and tell your friends to join too!! Next time you come in just mention yourself as "Yummo" and we will give you 15% off you total bill!!!
Regards,
your humble "captain"
Santa Clarita, CA
“Best fish and chips and with a waterfront table, to boot.”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Fish and chips melt in your mouth. More fish than batter coating which is a nice change. My wife had the salmon and claimed it was the best she's ever had. Highly recommended and affordable also. We'll go back next time we visit Morro Bay.

L.A.
“by far the best fish and chips”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My favorite fish and chips. I have been to about half a dozen or more restaurants in morro bay for fish and chips and this is the best fish in town. I go there for vacation every year and this is a place I go to again and again. We will eat here at least every other day while in town.

California
“Nice view, tourist quality”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Basic restaurant with formica tables and a great view by the ocean. The clam chowder is excellent. Thick, hot and loaded with clams, bacon and potatoes. The goodness for me stopped there. The service was slow, bread is not served with the dinner- but they brought it when I asked. The Salmon special was cooked perfectly- but was mildly warm with a thick bottle like teriyaki sauce poured over it. I was looking for a grilled steak with the sauce brushed and grilled into the meat. What I got was disappointing , appeared thrown together and was not special. The matchstick veggies were void of seasoning, barely warmed and bland . My husband had the seafood fettucinni. It was flavorful but had a very thin watery sauce on it...
I would go there again only for the chowder -----but not for the food.

1 Thank ElaineCalifornia