“Best Fish n Chips EVER!!!!!!!”

Dutchman's Seafood House
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dutchman's Seafood House is open for both lunch and dinner. Dutchman's Seafood House is a spot that will quickly become your place to meet friends and family to dine and drink on the bay. Paul and his family are happy to welcome you to their space and showcase their array of fresh handpicked ingredients from local fishermen and farmers that they support. The food at Dutchman's Seafood House will come to life on your plate!
Reviewed June 12, 2012

On our honeymoon in June 2012 - we had a late lunch at the Dutchman's Seafood House - and without a doubt - they serve the best fish n chips I have ever had in my life!!!!
And they serve a pretty yummy Bloody Mary, too.
Wonderful servers that are warm and friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome!
And to boot --- the restaurant faces the Morro Bay waters and huge rock. It's incredible.
Thank you to the owner, Paul. You've done a fabulous job and we cannot wait to come back for your great food.
Susie Russell-Wagner
Las Vegas

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Food was good and fresh. Four scallops special was tasty but rather small especially for the price.
Maybe the people who were ordering fish'n'chips were more lucky as their portions were large.

Service was prompt and courteous but the atmosphere of the cafeteria really bothered us the most....

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Expecting typical tourist-town thrown together meals, my wife and I were blow away by the quality of our luncheon selections. My wife's "Shrimp & Prawn Martini" was exceptional and my fish and chips were extraordinary to the point that I asked how they could deep-fry anything to such perfection. It seems they use a high quality (and expensive) oil for their battered fish exactly for that reason, although the price of the meal did not reflect that. I was very impressed and it will be our restaurant of choice when in the central coast area again.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

great ambiance, good service, excellent food. we had the cioppino and the wild salmon - both well worth writing home about.

2  Thank rowaz
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We spent a wonderful few days in Morrow Bay recently and had the opportunity to try several of the better restaurants. Our first experience was The Galley which had high marks with reviewers here. Unfortunately, our experience didn't warrant such high marks. I tried the calamari and it just want's up to par. It was very tough and chewy and battered to resemble a piece of toast. Almost couldn't eat it. The second night we tried Windows on the Water. Decent enough food but expensive and I thought they put more emphasis on the presentation rather that the actual quality of the food, but not bad. Finally we tried the Dutchman and it was, by far, the best of the three. They prepared me a linguini and clams dish that wasn't even on the menu. It was the best seafood pasta dish I ever had. My wife had a spectacular Crab Louie Their clam chowder has to be the best around. The service was outstanding and with wine the whole bill was less than $50.00. There's probably a dozen restaurants within a block of this place you could try but, for us, if we ever get back to Morro Bay again this will be a destination stop for us.

1  Thank Prowlerkat