“Buffet slayers heaven”

Golden China Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 106 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great Chinese buffet on our one night stopover on our road trip down the PCH driving the camaro convertible.food was plentiful and changed out regularly . Good service and a very cheap price compared with the rest.Morro bay is a very expensive place for hotels and most things.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We chose the buffet for $9. each for lunch.
The preparation of the dishes reminds both my husband & I of what we ate 45 years ago when restaurateurs really cared about the taste.
Wonderful soup, fantastic seafood salad (I went back for more of this). A very good variety of dishes and vegetables. Unique in flavor back to the good ol" days.
It tasted like these folks really cared about their dishes.
Super clean and delightful décor. Not like your "typical" décor in a Chinese restaurant. Cozy & quiet.
I'd give you a 6 if I could. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went for a dinner there on the day after Christmas. Apparently this was the only restaurant open, there were a lot of people. The food was good, but nothing special. Popular with locals, too. The price is fair but don't expect anything fancy.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Its not bad food, but its not good food either. Average, nothing special. The rule of thumb for me on a Chinese Buffet is, if there are few customers then the buffet can't be fresh, and if the Buffet is not fresh then there can't be a lot of customers. There was not a lot of customers at 6:30 on a Wed evening. Our server was friendly. The restaurant appeared to be clean, the humidity was very high from the buffet steam table. One buffet, a 3 meat combo with fried rice (I had only 2 bites of the fried rice. They really need to change this recipe) A small bowl of Won Ton soup was $28. A $4 tip and we were out of there. Once was enough for me. Of course this is just my opinion.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is so so but we all have a fave Chinese at home. You won't be disappointed and certain dishes are great. Just don't expect it to be better than you're favorite Chinese back home. Jello desert and sliced oranges speak volumes but the fried food is not greasy and they have a primal salad bar.