“Bayside's the Best”

Bayside Cafe
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bayside Cafe is nestled in the beautiful State Park Marina across from the entrance to the State Park Campground on lower State Park Road. The views of the back bay are astounding and unique.The food is very fresh with all homemade items including soups, salad dressing, sauces and desserts. You will not be disappointed by the friendly service and wide range of food items offered. A dog friendly outdoor patio is also a plus for our animal lovers.Oh, and by the way, we are NOT open for breakfast as has been stated by trip adviser.....sorry.Open every day for lunch starting at 11:00am and including service of dinners on Thursday through Sunday.See you there.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have eaten here before, but I've never tried any of the salads presented during lunch. I ordered a "special"comprised of several chunks of different types of fish. Lettuce, cabbage, guacamole, five types of fish, salsa and a very special sauce tasting slightly like a hot thousand island dressing. On the menu it was called "Fish Tacos," but reminded me of a salad.

Never will forget the taste and will always order it again when it is on the menuboard when you enter this lovely, quiet diner by the marina in Morro Bay. Lori seated us at the table outside where we could have our dog Maxie near us. After lunch, we enjoyed chatting with her again about a mutual friend named Clarence Minnetti that once owned the Far Western in Guadalupe. Lori Guelker, we will return soon.......
Thank you, John, Debbie & Maxie the bulldog.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Gotta love the rather obscure marina location that can be quite hard to find if you haven't been here before. And it's a bit of an adventure if you need to visit the restroom, which is in separate building about 100' away from the restaurant. The worst thing I can say is that they've portion-controlled the servings down noticeably, and they're now a bit stingier with the more expensive ingredients. The good news is that the previous portions were so large it's still more than enough food. I've enjoyed the nachos, a pulled pork sub (which may or may not still be offered) and especially the Bayside Cobb Salad. Others swear by the burritos and fish & chips. In a town like Morro Bay that has way too many tourist traps, this is a real find. So go find it.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We recently stayed in Morro Bay, with 4 other adult family members, and on our last evening decided to have dinner at this restaurant. Yes there was a waiting line on Friday evening. Once we were seated, our attendant immediately set us at ease by informing us she had been with the same establishment for 14yrs. Kudos to the management! Good hot,crispy fish and chips, and the clam strips were also nice, accompanied by the "best" tartar sauce. Thanks for an unforgettable evening with super service!

2  Thank CTZ1960
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I go to the Bayside Cafe whenever we're camping in Morro Bay. You can't beat the convenience and if driving from somewhere else, there's a large parking lot available associated with the adjacent marina. Food and service is always good although this time my wife was a little disappointed with the fish tacos she had. They apparently try to serve them differently than other restaurants by overfilling the tortillas with lettuce so you can't hardly find the "tacos". They would have been much better if they were served normally with a small portion of shredded cabbage in the taco. The fish serving itself wasn't very large but it was fresh and delicious. I had the fish and chips which were excellent as usual.

1  Thank oakprk
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to thank TripAdvisor members for giving this cafe a high rating. It is what got me to select this restaurant for our lunch while in Morro Bay and for that I am thankful.

I can't say enough good things about Bayside Cafe. It was in a great location with plenty of parking. It is located in a little harbor area with access to kayaking, paddle boarding, along with a private boat dock.

We noticed the nachos on the TripAdvisor website and read where many of your members liked their mud pie. When we got there was asked for both the nachos, (small plate) along with a sandwich and were told by the waitress that we should skip the sandwich and just order the small plate of nachos, as it was so filling. She couldn't have been more right in that regard. The nachos were delicious (best I have ever had) and the mud pie....OMG!!! I love this place and its location made it even more special.

The wait staff could not have been more helpful and were all so pleasant to deal with. This should be a training ground for how great and thoughtful service should be.

2  Thank 1momo1