“2 Night Stay in Morro Bay”

Ascot Inn at the Rock
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed December 31, 2012

For going to Hearst Castle this is a great spot to stay a night or 2. Morro Bay is a cute little town for tourist shopping and eating. Beware however this town really shuts down this time of year at 6 pm. The hotel is very nice however their wifi is really slow and sometimes almost useless. Their breakfast is great especially the waffles which you make yourself. Linda finished the trip with a very nice send off. And yes you can walk to the main strip just 2 blocks away.
Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kparidy

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We decided to splurge on our anniversary/Christmas trip to Morro Bay this year and we are so happy we did! The Ascot Suites lived up to its reputation and more. Our suite had a beautiful view of Morro Rock. The hot breakfast was a welcome start to each morning. Thank you Linda for your advice in making Christmas dinner reservations and to the gentleman at the front desk who suggested complementary wine tasting when we came back after dinner. Our stay was wonderful and we will definitely return for another stay soon!

3  Thank Sherry E
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I were traveling along the Pacific Costal Highway and Morro Bay was one of the stops. This hotel is 2 blocks away from the bay so you are close to all the restaurants. The room is pretty good - but the decorations are bit vintage (?) for us who are at our early 30s. Linda at the front desk was very helpful. Will stay again if had a chance.

4  Thank Solus2012
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our stay was very nice. Linda was very helpful even after we left. Rooms were very nice and very affordable. I do they they could pay a little more attention to detail in cleanliness of the rooms. There was dust under the furnture, needs to be moved once in awhile to be cleaned. Other than that we had a very nice stay.

3  Thank Gary B
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My companion and I are deaf and Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful. We felt welcomed and was amazed by our suite. He has been to Morro Bay numerous of times but never stayed in this suite. We both will strongly recommend this place and return here again. I miss this place already and we were just there this week! The fireplace, sitting area, free wifi, breakfast, wine tasting, and lovely bathroom with jacuzzi tub made this place a slice of heaven. It also set a romantic vibe. This is located right near the Morro Rock and delicious restaurants. Perfect all around.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nassim N
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I were in Morro Bay for our anniversary. We decided to stay at Ascot Suites. Good choice. Sadly with it being so close to Christmas the town was somewhat deserted and it showed at the hotel. In fact most hotels/motels in town were rather empty. We found our room to be absolutely great. We stayed in the Tudor Suite and it had a fire place. Nice touch. If I had to complain about anything it would be the fact that there was a large tree across the street that blocked the view of the Morro Bay Rock. We found the staff to be polite and helpful. No doubt that we'll stay here again if in town.

ATTN Trip Advisor: below my review is a list for ratings. You should have a N/A if nothing applies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ron M
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Got a good price from Priceline for a two nights getaway so I wasn't expecting much. This is my first stay at this hotel.To my surprise my room is nice and clean even with a gas fireplace. The hotel is only one block away from the main blvd, you can walk to restaurants and shops. Their breakfast is the best I've ever get from hotels that provide free breakfast. They serve with real stoneware not plastic. In the evening they have free wine tasting. The manager Steve is a very friendly guy he makes customer like me feels like home away from home. Oh...one more thing I have to mention is that they have parkings indoor so it was a plus on a cold rainy night.

4  Thank Cleo M