“Very good”

Ascot Inn at the Rock
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I were traveling along the Pacific Costal Highway and Morro Bay was one of the stops. This hotel is 2 blocks away from the bay so you are close to all the restaurants. The room is pretty good - but the decorations are bit vintage (?) for us who are at our early 30s. Linda at the front desk was very helpful. Will stay again if had a chance.

4  Thank Solus2012

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our stay was very nice. Linda was very helpful even after we left. Rooms were very nice and very affordable. I do they they could pay a little more attention to detail in cleanliness of the rooms. There was dust under the furnture, needs to be moved once in awhile to be cleaned. Other than that we had a very nice stay.

3  Thank Gary B
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My companion and I are deaf and Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful. We felt welcomed and was amazed by our suite. He has been to Morro Bay numerous of times but never stayed in this suite. We both will strongly recommend this place and return here again. I miss this place already and we were just there this week! The fireplace, sitting area, free wifi, breakfast, wine tasting, and lovely bathroom with jacuzzi tub made this place a slice of heaven. It also set a romantic vibe. This is located right near the Morro Rock and delicious restaurants. Perfect all around.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nassim N
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I were in Morro Bay for our anniversary. We decided to stay at Ascot Suites. Good choice. Sadly with it being so close to Christmas the town was somewhat deserted and it showed at the hotel. In fact most hotels/motels in town were rather empty. We found our room to be absolutely great. We stayed in the Tudor Suite and it had a fire place. Nice touch. If I had to complain about anything it would be the fact that there was a large tree across the street that blocked the view of the Morro Bay Rock. We found the staff to be polite and helpful. No doubt that we'll stay here again if in town.

ATTN Trip Advisor: below my review is a list for ratings. You should have a N/A if nothing applies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ron M
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Got a good price from Priceline for a two nights getaway so I wasn't expecting much. This is my first stay at this hotel.To my surprise my room is nice and clean even with a gas fireplace. The hotel is only one block away from the main blvd, you can walk to restaurants and shops. Their breakfast is the best I've ever get from hotels that provide free breakfast. They serve with real stoneware not plastic. In the evening they have free wine tasting. The manager Steve is a very friendly guy he makes customer like me feels like home away from home. Oh...one more thing I have to mention is that they have parkings indoor so it was a plus on a cold rainy night.

4  Thank Cleo M
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Ascot Suites and were extremely impressed with the property. We were greeted by front desk person Pablo who was quick to get us checked in and conveyed the best place to park under the underground parking to protect our car from the sea mist. Our room had a very comfortable king bed, a fireplace and a refrigerator AND a veiw of the Morro Rock.
The hotel has a wonderful breakfast which included biscuits n' gravy, waffles, cereal(s), toast, juice and other items.Check out was handled by Linda and was done with ease. We appreciated her help with information we needed for our trip continuing north. She is definitely an asset to the organization and made our stay that much more of a pleasure. We have stayed at several other hotels in Morro Bay in the past but the quality of this property, the professionalism of the staff made this a superior location. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 315 was great. It is on the third floor but the elevator was fine.
3  Thank red-goldwing
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just finished reading the negative reviews on Ascot Suites prior to writing mine. I'd temper the negatives for after 6 yearly stays we've found the complex to be clean, neat and very conveniently located with attentive staff (Linda is most courteous) and nice amenities. Breakfast is better than a typical continental, the wine hour is always consistent with local wines, wi fi works, room jaccuzzi is clean and works well. I'd recommend, if possible, a mid week stop for rates are down and few tourists in the town with some great dinner specials. Staying here beats Paso, Pismo and SLO. Cambria is cutesy, but we prefer the variety in Morro Bay with the Ascot Suites as the place to stay.

6  Thank havilatr