The Ascot Suites made for decent accommodations. The good points:
- Two blocks from the Embarcadero (close walk to dining and shops)
- Close walking distance to Farmer's Market location
- We had a nice end view of the ocean and Morro Rock
- Nice fireplace, but just for show
The not-so-good points:
- Whirlpool tub wasn't so whirly...more like a current tub.
- The tub has a nice double-paned window to open out to the rest of the room (and the view)...however, the window track has no drainage, and we almost spilled water on the wall and carpet in the room.
- Bed was hard
- The walls were thin...you heard easily through the walls. Of course,
it would help if people would turn down the volume on their TVs and voices...
Honestly, it worked for our purposes, but it does need some improvement. If they made the whirlpool tub work better, and got some new mattresses, I think I'd come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover coastal charm and European elegance at Ascot Suites, walking distance of restaurants, shops and galleries, while enjoying the historic beauty of a relaxing getaway to the California Coast. Choose from accommodations with whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, classic furnishings and modern amenities such as cable TV and coffee service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Ascot Inn at the Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascot Hotel Morro Bay
- Ascot Morro Bay