Morro Bay Beach Inn
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$239
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
Ascot Inn at the Rock(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
Masterpiece Hotel(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$120
$112
Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$90
Sundown Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$89
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$121
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
Agoda.com
All reviewsmorro rockgreat ratemini fridgecontinental breakfast isstar hotelwater pressurefew blocksbed was very comfortablethe ground floorplace to stayshops and restaurantstvcoastfixturesdryerunitinns
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything was booked up for miles- so much for spur of the minute travel. So we were glad to at least get a room. But $200 for Econolodge!? We booked over the cell phone and he took my credit card, but when we got there he was fairly insistent we pay with cash. I've never been asked to pay with cash at a hotel. He said it was because he doesn't like to pay the credit card company fees-I wonder if he's just pocketing the difference? When we began questioning the charges he picked up our paperwork and tore it up. If we had had somewhere else to go I'd have been happy to go elsewhere but he had us over a barrel and he knew it. We ended up paying &160 in cash and $40 on Visa. As for the room-it was adequate. Decent location, safe but very small, tight parking lot, clean room, breakfast nothing exciting-and as things were used, i.e.juice, cereal, etc. he didn't refill anything- definitely first come-maybe the only one served. Not a place I'd ever return to- but more importantly I doubt I'll ever try another Econolodge again.

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank ElaynM
jack p, Owner at Morro Bay Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

sorry it wos wrong locason review you send,
this femely on operet lodge,
if you sty with us then sorry

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I passed through Morro Bay last year on a similar road trip, but did not spend the night. This year I decided that I wanted to stay over. I arrived on a Friday afternoon and discovered that I had walked in on the weekend of the annual Classic Car Show. Arriving at a beach town on the weekend of a special event is decidedly not good for the budget minded traveler. I tried two places that quoted $119 before ending up at the Econo Lodge for $89 plus tax. The two bedded room was spacious and clean throughout. The bed was comfortable and the facilities completely satsfactory. There was a coffee maker and hair dryer, but no microwave or fridge. I could see Morro Rock from my window. I enjoyed feeding the squirrels and the seagulls on the beach adjacent to the rock. I had never seen squirrels that would literally climb right up on you to snatch strawberries and apple slices. The seagulls also flew right down and took the same from my upstretched arm. The rock itself is amazing especially up close. You can walk among the boulders on the back side and get incredible views. There was a parade through town of the antique cars early in the evening and I watched it for a while. All in all, a nice stay in a very scenic spot.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ELHS220
monamkj, Manager at Morro Bay Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for staying at Econo Lodge, Morro Bay and appreciating our service. Thank you for doing business with us, we look forward to seeing you again.
jack

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the Econolodge at 1100 Main St., in Morro Bay, CA. Our room was on the ground floor, was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast included dry cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, pastries, coffee and milk, which was perfect for us. The Econolodge is within a few blocks of the waterfront which has a choice of many restaurants and shops. We would choose this reasonably priced motel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary91711
jack P, Manager at Morro Bay Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2015

Dear

Property CHI
gm jack
econo lodge

Reviewed December 16, 2010

We stayed one night on our way up the coast. Our room had a good view of Morro Rock, it was close to the bay, and a reasonable price. No major complaints. The continental breakfast was decent, but what i really liked were the trays to carry food/coffee/etc. up to the room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moulin829

Dear

Property CHI
gm jack
econo lodge

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Our 2nd story room had a picture-perfect view of "The Rock." We were 3 blocks away from the waterfront that includes lots of shopping and restaurants. If you don't want to/can't walk that far, there is the "Hungry Fisherman" restaurant around the corner. It was delicious and reasonably priced. A continental breakfast was included at the hotel -- it was modest but fresh, i.e., no packaged muffins.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple