“Good Value, would stay again”
Review of Harbor House Inn

Harbor House Inn
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here in June while on a trip with a car club, had no choice in the accomodatiions and was pleasantly surprised. Room was large and clean. Bed was comfortable. Shower had good pressure. Within walking distance of the water and many restaurants and stores.

Was only there one night but I got a good night's sleep!

Free brekafast was worth skipping.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Harbor House Inn

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I guess we got suckered. We paid 139.00 for a Friday night (last night). I thought since it is close to the bay and by the price the rooms would be nice. Everything was outdated, the towels were rough and thin, carpet wasn't clean, it was noisy...you could hear traffic coming from all sides.

Worst yet...I laid on one of the beds...I swear it smelled like urine!!! I noticed some people left positive reviews saying the hotel was pet friendly. I think we know why it smelled like urine...at least I hope that was the reason.

This hotel give all Days Inn a bad rep. I don't think I will ever stay in one again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leonora4444
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We needed a hotel because we were coming into town for a family event. I saw the negative reviews, but there were some decent reviews too, so I thought I would give this place a try, especially since I was late in making reservations and other places were booked. As soon as we came in the room, I pulled back the bed spread and blanket to make sure the sheets were clean. I instantly saw some sort of stains on the white sheets that looked like spaghetti sauce or something. Then my husband noticed something on the carpet next to the bec that looked like small pieces of dog food or something. We called the front desk and asked for sheets without stains. They brought sheets over and I also pointed out the dog food. They said they would vacuum. We leftt the room to let them do their thing, and when we came back I inspected the new sheets, and yet again, another stain. A very faint stain, but it resembled blood. We had them bring yet another set of sheets and finally got some that didnt have stains. I am willing to bet they keep the other stained sheets and use them again. I was so grossed out that I had a hard time sleeping -tossed and turned all night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank karlafromcali
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We paid $99 for the ocean view, which was very picturesque despite the near view of rooftops. We listened to seals bark much of the evening which added pleasure to the evening. The hotel is showing its age in decor and upkeep. The lack of air conditioning was not an issue at all-an open window brought in fresh ocean air and the ceiling fan was all the cooling needed.
A couple of odd things did bother us slightly: the bathrooms are at the front of the rooms, windows opening on to the walkway where room doors are located. If you need an open window AND privacy when you shower and do your business, this is not the property for you! The other thing was when I plugged in my unattached phone charger, all electrical things (lights, TV, clock) went dark. I quickly pulled the plug and they all came back on. Scary!
When all is said and done, the property was quiet, very clean and comfortable, shower pressure was good, it was close to restaurants, water front, gas stations and grocery store. Management was helpful and courteous. We wanted a clean, quiet place close to Hearst Castle and got very lucky! We would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

When we stayed at the Days Inn Morro Bay in September 2010 it had just been taken over by new franchisees. They started to renovate the rooms and repaint all the buildings and you probably had to be lucky enough to get one of the renovated rooms. We did and were satisfied with it. The Days Inn is your average motel with the typical furnishings and not a five star hotel. Our room was clean and the bathroom was clean as well. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The Days Inn is located just a couple of blocks away from the pier but do not expect a view even if the reservation system makes you believe otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
DaysInnHarborHouse, General Manager at Harbor House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Greetings Cheri W,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Days Inn - Morro Bay. We are pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable visit. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious accommodation and with all the amenities we have to offer.Also you liked our upgraded rooms and surroundings. we are glad to know that you had a great time with us on your special occasion. It is our goal to provide our guests with the Home comforts and service we feel they deserve and am pleased we are able to do so for you. We look forward to welcoming you to in the near future.
Warm Regards,
The Days Inn- Morro Bay Team

Reviewed July 12, 2011

After checking out Morro Bay's dog friendly hotels, we settled on Day's Inn and were so happy with the choice. Two families, 3 dogs and no problems - how often does that happen! The rooms are extra big, balconies overlooking Morro Rock and a really sharp manager who did everything to make our stay pleasant. They have a minimal continental breakfast but plenty of that and everything clean with 3 tables for inside eating. We'll stay there next time we're on the Central Coast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night. The "non-smoking room" smelled of cigarettes and heavy chemical deodorizers. One of the pillows smelled of urine, the sheets were paper thin, the carpet was stained, fleas were jumping on our legs! We requested another room to be told they were fully booked but there were very few cars in the parking lot. This could not be more than a one star motel at best. They rarely answer their business phone so friends and family related to the wedding we were attending could not reach us.

If you want a night's sleep, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple