Rockview Inn and Suites - Morro Bay
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Firstly let me say that you should ignore the previous negative reviews. These seem to be from a time when the Rockview Inn was under different ownership and before the refurbishment.
I found our room to be spotless, new fridge and flat screen tv. Wifi was fast and reliable. Plenty of parking, and less than 2 minutes walk to sea front.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ostan14

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was a decent one. Floor has no carpet so has a tendency to get dirty quickly. Found some trash in bathroom cabinets. Pool was large, but not heated. Owners laid out what looked like some ethnic food on cement by pool, so there was no place to lay out. Owners were nice, but difficult to understand.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank binksmom92382
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my fiance. I have nothing but nice things to say about it. The service was wonderful and the newly renovated rooms were very nice and extremely clean. My fiance felt that our room (room 210) was small, but it was acceptable for our short visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was my first time to back to Morro bay in years. This was a pleasant surprise the rooms I would say have been renovated in the last 6 months or so laminate floors,tables,bathroom,sink tops,flat screen,fridge,amazing friendly front desk staff. Gas wall heater is a bit concerning,and the lack of a continental breakfast only serving waffles and coffee in 2012 is very off putting. Price was good surrounding hotels ranged 90-129 that was a weekday rate was astounding. Your also literally 2 blocks from the pier.
Recommend this place if your wanting to save some money,escape from reality a bit.
I did not have any issues as prior reviewers have had.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ema96
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The man that checked us in was unfriendly and when I asked if we could get a room on the 1st floor (I had my 15mo old with me) he said they were all full. They clearly weren't. He said the only one he had was a king bed and I'd have to pay the difference. Forget it, just give me the second floor. So we get to the room and yes, it's been remodeled, but with bulky furniture where you can barely move around especially with a child. The electricity was not up to code. By this I mean the light for the vanity had a cord coming out from under a light switch plug that then had to be plugged in to the plug! It was unsafe. The bathroom door would not shut. The bathroom window had no screen or lock on it. The floor was dirty. My sons feet were black after walking barefoot on the floor. Basically I would NEVER stay here again unless they did a major overhaul and got things cleaned up.

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank Jmomk
Reviewed June 6, 2012

we stayed in this hotel with 2 young children.
the new remodeled room was ok, beds were perfect, nice flat tv and nice furniture
pool was ok.
one block for the harbor
hot waffle breakfast was ok, we got extra candy for the kids.
we paid only $55 for one night.
one of the best and cheapest budget motels we stayed in a 24 days roundtrip.

we didn't think the owner or his wife were creapy, they come from the far east (pakistan/india) and I thinks they work hard for the money remodelling their once place as "rockview". I think it is very rude to mention that someone is a criminal when you have only seen him once. To us he and his wife were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The hotel rooms smell. Our first room was on the ground floor. There was an immediate moldy smell upon entering the room. We then were given a room on the second floor. It wasn't moldy, but it was a bit musty smelling. Keeping the bathroom window open helped air out the place. There is no hair dryer.

Their breakfast is a joke. A "variety of cereals" means 2 cereals -- corn flakes and cheerios, most likely non-brand. There was no oatmeal, as listed on the web site. The breakfast room is the same tiny room where the check in desk is, so there is barely room to get your breakfast. You have to eat it somewhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised to see in the news that the guy that runs this place being taken away by the police. The guy is rude and should not be in any business in which he has to interact with people. We went out for a walk at night and came back to the guy trying to enter our room. He made up some excuse as to why he was there. BS! Creep factor has gone up!

Room Tip: If you actually plan to stay here, don't get a room on the first floor.