“Great motel, worst experience.”
Review of Motel 6 Morro Bay

Motel 6 Morro Bay
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great motel, worst experience.”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The motel is great, there are a lot of friendly workers there and a few good trails near the motel that take you to some small dunes. There is a irrigation near that a lot of hobos live near. We took a walk and there were tents and hobos there. Also there is a nice soccer field, baseball feild and a playground right next to the motel. The bad thing is is that if you have dogs the ocean is near and the freeway is next to it about a half mile away. Our dog got hit and died two nights in. So please if you have dogs watch so that they don't sneak out of the room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jtatom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Visalia, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you don't mind the basics, this has always been a great place for us to stay. Its not the best around but for the price it's hard to beat. We go for the beach and food so if we can save on a room, why not. They have AC and Heat in the rooms and a swimming pool, Some budget motels don't have that in Morro Bay.
If you expect more then go pay twice the Motel 6 price.

Room Tip: The best rooms would be the front of the Motel (north side ), for non smokers
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carnutz
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here again December 28, 2013 for three nights. Staff is very friendly. Motel is pet-friendly that is why I chose this one & the location. Again you know what you get with motel 6
clean room no frills. This is an older motel, but room was clean & smelled cleaned when I first open door. I always feel welcomed when I call or arrive. The only complaint has nothing to do with Motel 6, its with some of the other guests. The room next to me was non-smoking also, but apparently they were chain smokers, kept going outside & stood outside their door & mine & smoked & talked very loud the first night I was there until way past midnight, thankful they left next day. People are just inconsiderate but that's anywhere. I still enjoyed my stay, it was very busy downtown Morro Bay & Pismo & Avila. I like Motel 6 so I can bring my dog, enjoyed lots of walks. Housekeeping does a good job my room & bed have always been clean they work hard. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Like second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jakmomie
Camarillo, California
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a last minute trip and I knew I didn't need to spend a lot of time in my room. This motel did not charge extra for my dog and it was pretty clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner. There was newer carpet. The room was small. The blanket was some sort of canvas/burlap horror. The bed was okay. I didn't see any bugs in my room and I didn't smell anything terrible. For the price, I'm not going to complain. I just needed a place to store my stuff and sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am used to sleeping in cheap motels, but this place was BY FAR the worst motel I've ever stayed in! As soon as I walked in, it reeked of wet dog! The comforter had large crusted food stains all over it, the carpet literally had chunks of dog hair, and my pillows were covered in dog hair! There was LITERALLY BLOOD stains on my pillow!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't allow dogs?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeremy A

Travelers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

California
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My non smoking room smelled so strongly like smoke it was nearly unbearable. The decor and tv in the room was 70's vintage at best. Waking up to a cockroach on my pillow was a special bonus. I am aware this is a budget hotel but come on they must "Leave the Light On" so the roaches scamper away. I've stayed at other Motel 6 properties that were perfectly acceptable but not this one.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HobieCalifornia
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I picked this hotel I knew where it was. I liked price & I could bring my dog. I stayed Sept, 2013. You know with Motel 6 you get a simple room but clean. The staff very friendly from my first call to make the reservation to my second call when I decided to extend my stay. You can walk to the beach. It's not close to walk downtown, but you drive anyway no big deal. I enjoyed the family park behind hotel. Baseball games & enjoyed the activity. It is an older hotel but that's ok. I didn't go for the hotel experience I went for the beach & my dog. I drove lots of places, Avila, Cayucos, Pismo I did all I wanted to. HBO in room enjoyed a movie. I take pride wherever I stay, I brought a sheet to cover their bedspread so dog doesn't get sand on it. All newer cars in parking lot . The experience is what you make of it. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor in back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo