All reviewsgreat locationmorro rockroom was cleanwithin walking distancecontinental breakfasthot tubthe breakfast areafew minutes walkrefrigerator and microwaveup to dateno elevatorwafflesrestaurants and shopsvery nice hotelhearst castlewi fiwould stay here again
Reviewed November 27, 2008

Our family enjoyed a wonderful vacation at this Best Western hotel. Our room was a great deal, was clean, had helpful staff, and is very close to the ocean. They offer a discount for if you have AAA or AARP. The rooms are spacious, recently renovated with granite bathrooms/countertops, and included a refrigerator and other nice amenities. The breakfast was good and we had no complaints.

The biggest bonus for me was that this hotel has a great location and is a a quick walk to all the restaurants near the ocean front - on a side note, the restaurants have great seafood. The place was well maintained, and had nice flowers/plants out front. If you are visiting the nearby areas (Hearst Castle, Cambria, San Luis Obispo, or Paso Robles wine country) this hotel is a very good deal and a quick drive. I would recommend this hotel and will very likely go back soon.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank markm1
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We were very pleased. We noticed that it was given good reviews so we decided to give it a try. It also was reasonably priced. We had no regrets whatsoever. My wife is extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, and she was pleased from the moment we walked in. Then I noticed they had a refigerator, and fast wi-fi for our laptop as well. The bathrooms and shower were exceptionally clean. They had not one, but two suitcase fold out tables. And best of all, Dorns restaurant, was only a block away. We could walk there. We definitely will stay there again. We opened our bathroom window to find out we had a beautiful view of Morro Rock and the Bay. We highly recommend this hotel. If you're a couple that wants a romantic stay, you will not be dissappointed. They even have an outdoor jacuzzi on the second floor, same floor that we were on. We didn't get to use it, but it looked private and inviting. Give this place a try.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kylescrazyworld
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I am very shocked by what was written in a recent review from July. I can't believe this person is talking about the same hotel that my husband and I stayed in just recently (July 21st). We were on a road trip from San Diego up to San Jose and stayed here for one night. We actually loved Morro Bay and thought it was a really nice and quaint fishing village. We checked in with no problem with a friendly person at the front desk. All of the entrances to the rooms faced the parking lot, but we were less than a block from the beach and many of the rooms, including our large window faced the beach and the beautiful Morro Rock. The hotel was quiet and there was no traffic or cars or loud noises. This was a quaint little quiet town with friendly people, cute restaurants and shops. At no time did I feel unsafe. Right after my husband and I checked in, we walked from the hotel down a small hill to the water and saw fishing boats and the Morro Rock. We walked around to some nice little souvenir shops. We ate dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Windows on the Water. We had our best meal of our whole trip here with live music and great service and this restaurant was on the second floor and we overlooked the water and saw the sunset. We were actually upset to only be staying here for one night. The hotel was clean, our room was nice and certainly large enough for two people and came with a refrigerator and microwave, We only paid $116 to stay and this included continental breakfast and free parking. We really liked the fact that we could park our car right in front of the room so we didn't have far to go to bring our luggage into the room. There was even a nice hot tub up on the second floor roof, although we never had time to use it, but would have if we stayed longer. I really think this was a great, economical and safe place to stay and Morro Bay was a little gem we found on the way on our 10 day raod trip. I would absolutely stay here again!!! Please disregard the last poor review. I can't believe anyone would have a bad experience here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank melissa328
Reviewed July 25, 2008

The hotel is a converted motel where all rooms open directly to the parking lot. It is in a bad part of town. Trashy looking trailer park is directly across the street with run-dwon homes surrounding the other sides. Could hear traffic all night long, hookers yelling across the parking lot in the early hours, and saw the police shaking down a homeless man in the early hours. Did not feel safe in this area. To pay over $200 a night for a dumpy location was a rip-off. $80 would be a more appropriate price. The room however, was clean and recently redone, but can't recommend because of the location.

Stayed: July 2008
4  Thank Nellie12
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Not a new place but the owners seem to care about the property.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple