Best Western San Marcos Inn
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$139
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$66
$59
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
Masterpiece Hotel(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
Agoda.com
Blue Sail Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$160
$107
$79
$77
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$117
Estero Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$219
All reviewswine and cheeseocean viewmorro rockbest westernscrackersthird floorwafflesgreat viewshops and restaurantsfront desk staffsmall balconyan older propertywithin walking distancemoro bayshort walkcovered parkingwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2007

My Wife and I have been staying at the San Marcos two to three times a year for the past five years. Over that time we have learned that in order to avoid the noise from rooms above or next door we always request a third floor corner room. On this last visit reservations were made a month in advance for the third floor ocean view corner room. When we arrived we were given a room on the second floor next to the elevator. When I protested that we were not given what had been guaranteed I was told that who ever took my reservation didn't enter it properly. When I asked to talk to the manager, I was informed she was not on site. I informed the desk person that we would not stay at the San Marcos and would go elsewhere. I was then told that I had to pay for one night because I cancelled without the required notice. When I refused to be charged, the manager was contacted and apprised of the situation. She then instructed the desk person to see if the La Serna Inn had any vacancies. When the the desk person asked who took my reservation and I gave her the name she said "oh that's the manager." They did make arrangements for us to look at an ocean view room at the The La Serna at the same rate. We took the room at the La Serna and will now be staying there on our frequent visits to Morro Bay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank retired52
Reviewed November 2, 2007

I chose the Best Western San Marcos because I wanted a reasonably priced room with a view of the bay and Morro Rock. My 3rd floor balcony room ($95, AARP rate) had a great view of both! The motel is in a good location just a block from the waterfront's shops and restaurants. Check-in was uneventful, and everything in my room was in working order. The accommodation was basic, but comfortable. No in-room movies, but they have cable TV. No tub, just a shower stall, but I prefer that. I worried when I could hear the guests in the rooms on either side of me, as well as the echoing noise of guests in the atrium, but after 10:30 p.m. everything was quiet for the rest of the night. The continental breakfast is served in a small, tight space next to the reception desk. It's an uninspired offering - little muffins, fruit, etc. - and the long line moves slowly. I skipped it and went to La Parisienne Bakery on the Embarcadero for delicious quiche. The bakery has at least five kinds of quiche and about a dozen versions of huge egg-and-other-stuff breakfast sandwiches and amazing walnut sticky buns and really good coffee...and a view of the harbor and rock. The night before, I'd enjoyed the best Cabo fish tacos and "killer" garlic fries at Rose's Landing - great service, great food, reasonably priced, right on the waterfront. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay at the San Marcos.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank BirdingIsFun
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Great value and a great location in Morro Bay. Very nice accommodations. I highly recommend this place. It is very close to the Morro Bay waterfront, and is in a very pleasant neighborhood.

The only complaint is a minor one... the complimentary breakfast offerings could have been a little nicer.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank commonerMcLean_VA
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We stayed here recently for one night as a stopover while travelling down the coast.
Good - we booked a king room with ocean view - and the view was lovely, of the Rock. The room was very good, large, bright, clean, comfortable and good bathroom facilities. Breakfast was a standard continental type.
Cons - the check-in staff. She thought we had booked 3 rooms when we had only booked 2. She was extremely rude, unhelpful, very unprofessional and really spoilt the beginning of our stay. She did, eventually sort it out but after a lot of hassle.
After a disappointing start, we did enjoy our stay. It is only 5 minutes walk from good restaurants. We had dinner at the Outrigger which was delicious and very good value.
Good as a stopover.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank LAT10258
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Great place to stay! The rooms are stunning and the views on the ocean side are to die for! On the ocean side rooms you have an incredible view of Otter Rock, the landmark of Morro Bay. The staff is super friendly. During the afternoon they have cheese and wine which makes a nice snack. Overall, I loved this place! Highly, highly recommended. For the best rate, I was told by the front desk staff to call them directly. I couldn't have been happier!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank seahawksteve