“Nice stay but no wireless signal.”

Best Western San Marcos Inn
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Comfortable room, clean bed sheets, and spacious nice bathroom. The aircon is new and is working very quietly. The only problem is the wireless , the reason we chose thi hotel is because they offer free wireless but the signal is very very poor, that I can not use my IPAD in my room.

• Stayed: February 2011
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

We here at the Best Western plus San Marcos Inn thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. We apologize for the WiFi issues. Upgrading our lines for easier and more reliable service is a top priority that we are currently working on. We would appreciate the opportunity to once again provide you with a comfortable, clean, spacious room on your next visit to the states.

Many thanks,

Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I were getting ready to start for home, our grown children came up to say god by. We had no where for them to stay with us ,so we book the hotel for 2 days for our selves and our children.
The staff was friendly and were ready to help if there was any problems .

The Room was on the 2nd floor over the main electric box that ran the lights all night for the whole place could not sleep because of the noise,
In the morning I told the staff and was given a nice room on the 3rd floor, a good nights sleep was had.

Yes it is a older hotel and may need some up grades and I am sure in the future this may happen. We did enjoy our stay and will go back in the fall before we leave for home

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. It brings a smile to our faces to know that we provided you and your family with a comfortable stay. We hope that the next time you are traveling in the area you will choose to stay with us again and check out the upgrades we’ve made since your last visit.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. I had read all the reviews and was nervous but when I got there it was not how others had described it. Yes, it is a little dated and it is not the best Best Western I have ever stayed in, but the front desk staff was amazing. Since they were the frontline, I relaxed a bit. When I saw the room, second floor balcony, double queen beds, I was completely won over. It was clean, smelled nice and the beds were very comfortable. Yes the walls do appear thin but the noise wasn't that bad and there were a bunch of young men staying there. We had a huge a problem with one of the people in our party and the hotel staff was very courteous, understanding, and compassionate. I will stay here again the next time I am in Morro Bay. I don't believe I have been treated better by any hotel staff and I've stayed in some five star hotels and worked in a four star.
BW San Marcos, thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed: October 2010

The entire staff at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn thanks you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. Our mission is to provide each of our guests with a comfortable and memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our beautiful area.

Many thanks,

Reviewed October 14, 2010

On a planned business trip to Morro Bay I decided to have my wife accompany me and extended our stay through the weekend as kind of a mini vacation. I made our reservations two months in advance so as to hopefully secure a nice room. Upon arrival we were told our room wasn’t quite ready yet and we returned a few hours later only to find that they had us in a room overlooking the parking lot. I asked if there were any other rooms available and was told there were if I was willing to pay an additional 40% up-charge per night.

I am writing this at around 10:45 PM on our first night at the hotel. The noise from the people in the next room and down in the parking lot is so loud that they may as well be right in our room with us. I travel and stay in hotels on business an average of 100+ nights per year and so far this property ranks among the worst I’ve experienced in spite of their AAA 3 Diamond rating. This is only our first night here and I really dread the remaining two. I am truly sorry I didn’t read (and heed) some of the other TripAdvisor recommendations already posted regarding this property.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

The Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We were very sorry to read of your dissatisfaction. While normal check-in time is 3:00 pm we do our best to accommodate early arrivals at every opportunity. Unfortunately noise issues are endemic of hotels around the globe; if the front desk had been notified they would have done everything they could to remedy the situation in a professional and timely manner. We would appreciate the chance to provide you with nice accommodations and good service the next time you are planning a trip to the area. Nevertheless, we wish you the best of luck and only pleasurable experiences on your future trips.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Because we could hear people in the hallway, outside our window and on either wall, we decided to find another place to stay. I would not recommend this motel. Very basic, NOT worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. Our continuing goal is to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and pleasurable experience. We were saddened to read of your dissatisfaction. The hotel provides many amenities such as a deluxe continental breakfast that includes hot waffles, we offer free wine, and sparkling cider served with crackers and cheese every evening, a 10ft. x 16ft. hydrotherapy spa, free wifi and internet access. Our rooms have flat screen tv’s, microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers. We hope that you will consider us once again as a lodging establishment when planning a trip to the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We drove down from San Francisco to San Diego and Morro Bay was a good half way point. We got a good price at this Best Western hotel. The room was basic, but large enough and included free wifi internet, as well as a complimentary breakfast. It is located right by the water, and you have a nice view of the rock. Also included complimentary parking onsite.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn thank you for your favorable review of our hotel. We were glad to know that we met your expectations. Our hope is that on your next trip to our beautiful area we can provide another comfortable and pleasurable experience for you. It will also give us a chance to show off some of the upgrades we’ve made since your last visit.

Happy travels,

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Front desk girl said there were only "bay" view rooms left. She said they were normally $219 per night, but with discount (retired military) it would be $179.

The room is ok, but people on the 3rd floor must be sumo wrestlers. They stomped around late into the night. The cars zooming by right out our window were rude, honking and yelling. I know, I was a kid once too.

There were 2 dueling dogs barking til I fell asleep. One was in a yard and one in someones car. They barked about 3 solid hours.

If we were not so tired and wanting sleep, we would have left. I think they over charged us, as the internet showed these rooms as $108 without the discounts.

Sorry

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, Manager at Best Western San Marcos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

We here at the Best Western Plus San Marcos Inn thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were very sorry to read of your dissatisfaction. June and July are very busy months for us here in Morro Bay and the town is usually full of happy travelers. For future reference the rate of $108 that you mentioned was for a city view room. We would appreciate the opportunity of providing you with nice accommodations and good service in the future. We wish you the best of luck and only pleasurable experiences on your future trips.

Best Regards,