“THIS PLACE IS THE WORST I MEAN THE WORST”

Seaside Inn Morro Bay
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
san francisco
“THIS PLACE IS THE WORST I MEAN THE WORST”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This place has smelly sheets, you can hear through the walls, bathroom has disgusting smells, and its NEVER been UPGRADED. We payed 188.88 dollars on this room and what did we get, A RAT HOLE. The lamps are broken, EVERYTHING is horridble, you cant sleep without the smell of something bad. DO NOT STAY HERE.... Honestly. The water is sticky.. nothing has been washed. ITS JUST BAD!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank kumyon52chong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have stayed here several times over a period of years. Nothing--and I repeat, NOTHING--has ever been upgraded or thoroughly cleaned between visits. In shoulder season the motel is full of fisherman who will get an early start, or occasionally, rowdy types. The management is pleasant enough, but it is what it is--a low-priced dump of a place where you need your flip-flops to take a shower, you sleep, and you take off early to enjoy the town. Unfortunately, along the central coast, you can choose this or choose something obscenely overpriced.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Tucson, AZ
Reviewed July 20, 2010

After seeing the property, we refused to stay here. The room was dirty, the carpet was stained and torn, mold in the shower. The manager was surly and we had to argue about cancellation. I don't understand how this place stays in business when it is surrounded by other motels with the same rates and clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jppAZ
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2010

If you are thinking of staying in this dump of a town do not stay here. All hotel is dirty all floor and all carpet we asked to see room before even checking in and a lady cleaning with her kid opened a room for us ....all we could say was wow. Cnc reservation and immediately. I would not recommend to anyone. "Hey Tripadvisor.com send a pro out here and review yourselfs and take this dump off your listings asap and stop allowing your customers being screwed."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Shaver Lake, California
Reviewed April 19, 2010

While this hotel in not a 4-star property---what do really want for the price? The location, rooms and service are better than the price. Stay here and you will be happy. It's a great place with excellent value!

I stayed two nights and was happy!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed here recently and thought it would be nice to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. The price seemed reasonable and when I got there, I knew why. There were large stains in the carpet and duct tape on the stair carpeting. The room was not clean, the bedspread had burn holes, and the blanket was worn with large holes in it. There was no lock on the room window; although it looked like there were new door locks installed. There was a new wall heater installed, but the new paint did not match the rest of the room, so it really looked unappealing. They advertised a continental breakfast, which actually consisted of weak coffee, watered down orange juice and refrozen bite size muffins that were tasteless. Go across the street for breakfast! HOWEVER, the worst part was finding two roaches - one on the bed and one in the bathroom! I understand from reading other reviews that this motel has improved. Unfortunately, they have a long way to go.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed here one night and it was the worst night I've ever had in a hotel!!! The ONLY thing going for this hotel is it's location.
We arrived in the afternoon and put our stuff in our ground floor room. The room was so shabby- that should have been a sign of things to come. The carpet didn't go all the way to the wall, the bottom of the bathroom door had a 2 inch gap to the floor, the carpets had stains. I kept my socks on at all times and I slept with a t-shirt on the pillow, but that's not the worst of it. After dinner and movie we retired to the hotel room to read and watch tv- I felt uncomfortable but figured that we'd paid so we needed to stay.
The first thing that happened was we were awakened at about 1am by the sounds of an amorous couple, which made us laugh- but we didn't laugh when 20 minutes later we heard the woman leave the room and make a transaction outside the door. We realized quickly that she was a prostitute. We laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't funny, it creeped me out. After finally falling asleep we were again awakened at about 2 am by what sounded like my car alarm going off. I put on shoes and quickly ran outside only to find about 20 people having a party in the parking lot, complete with music blaring and people sitting on the cars in the lot, it wasn't my alarm after all so I quickly shut the door but felt even more uncomfortable after that. Someone else mentioned a similar incident in their review, so this must happen a lot.
We woke up early the next morning so we could get the heck out of there. As we were leaving we noticed a room with the door wide open, with a man sitting on the bed watching some very inappropriate morning viewing-that, is the kind of person who stays here, I suggest you don't.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple