“One of the best comfort zones around”

Seaside Inn Morro Bay
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I would really talk to my coworkers about staying here. The front desk aways treats us like if we were at home very nice view nice restaurants and bars around. Will not regret a thing about it always welcomed with happy prople at the front desk too have us back for another week

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Joelvalenz
Travelodge46095, Manager at Seaside Inn Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Joelvalenz,
Thank you again for staying with the Travelodge and leaving us a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your information on about your stay to the departments. I want to thank you AGAIN for being a loyal customer.
See you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge46095, Manager at Seaside Inn Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The office staff were kind and accomidating... We had a comfortable bed for a fair price... Great location, just three minutes from the Bay...Oh and our Wally (the dog) liked it too! Our second night was a bit rough in that the family next door was up all night and the thin walls and back to back head boards invite insomnia... Poor design, yet a great design just around the corner, Morro Rock!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelodge46095, Manager at Seaside Inn Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Joseph A,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Travelodge in Morro Bay and for leaving a comment. We have passed your comments on to the departments. I am glad that your pet enjoyed their stay. We will love to see you again on your next trip to Morro Bay, CA. Please give us a call for reservations 805-772-3333

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is in a good location, however, so not worth the $200+ we paid!!! 1st clerk was very rude. Asked our last name, then pulled someone else's reservation (last name was no where close to ours). Argued with me about reservation. Finally got correct reservation, was told to come back later, room wasn't ready. Came back, got to room, and it was very disappointing. Shocked to find that the smoke detector had been removed from the room... :( free breakfast is in the lobby, which is smaller than my walk-in closet! Definitely will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Travelodge46095, Manager at Seaside Inn Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Jennie,
I want to Thank you for choosing us while you stayed in Morro Bay. I have passed your comments on to the right departments. I hope you give us a try again. Thank you!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel rooms I've stayed in in awhile, and I do a significant amount of traveling (on average, I'm in a hotel room at least once a month.) I was pleasantly surprised when I first walked in, noticing that the room (at first glance anyway) had been updated... newer carpet, furniture, bedding, TV, etc. However, upon further inspection, the room seemed dirty. One of the pillowcases was pilled, the bathroom had mold, the door was scuffed up, there were stains on the walls, paint on the tiles in the bathroom due to a poor painting job... gross. There is no A/C in the room, and that's not a problem temperature-wise since the weather in Morro Bay is gorgeous. However, I wanted the window open just for some fresh air and had to close it because it was so noisy. I even took Advil PM on my second night at the hotel hoping that I would be able to sleep better, and the noise STILL woke me up in the middle of the night, even with the window closed. The walls are thin, so thin that I could actually hear the conversation the couple staying next door to me was having. Thank goodness they were talking and nothing else was going on, if you get my drift!
The real kickers? When I came back to my room at the end of the day, there was no parking left and I ended up parking at a restaurant across the street hoping I wouldn't get towed or ticketed. (Thankfully I didn't.) And the worst thing? My room hadn't been cleaned! No new towels, bed hadn't been made, trash cans emptied, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation at the coast, but this hotel is a nightmare. Don't stay here. It's cheap, but I wish I'd spent an extra $20/night and stayed somewhere cleaner and more relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Kristen P,
Thank you for staying with us at the Travelodge in Morro Bay. I am sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. I have reviewed your comment and we will see what we can do with your comments and concerns about the noise and thin walls. Being a older hotel a little hard to control that. I hope that you will visit Morro Bay again and maybe try a different room on your next trip.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed August 4, 2013

this is the cheapest motel in Morro bay...so you can guess what it attracts.

The receptionist had an attitude (shoulda been my first clue) and put me in a room next to a family who...well, lets just say they liked stay up all night. The walls are super thin and the architecture has the bed's headboards back to back (no bathroom buffer). Even with earplugs and wiped out from surfing, I was awakened at 4 a.m. to the sound of the mother talking incessantly, the father coughing and the 5 year old daughter crying in 10 min installments. This went on for hours.

The room also had a slight odor of feces and soiled feminine hygiene products. No built-in heat/ac. Logo/light on the TV is annoying - it stays on constantly and is very bright, lighting up the whole room all night.

Obviously, all they care about is their is the quick buck from transient summer tourists and hobos, neglecting the possible thousands of extra dollars per tenant they could make with returning inland locals. I'm a surfer on a budget, but, next time, I will be paying the extra $10 and staying the next block over.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear HowieL,
Thank you for leaving a review for the Travelodge in Morro Bay. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your standards. I want to apologize to you personally.