“Close to Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Perris, California
“Close to Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am not sure what place the others with low scores were rating. I am sure if you spend all your time in a hotel you will be very picky. When I go on a trip, the hotel room is a place to rest after a busy day. The hotel is steps away from the shops on the bay, was fairly quiet even though the parking lot was filled to capacity, and was clean and comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room with wi if that worked perfectly each time I used it. We enjoyed our stay in Morro Bay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't expecting much here during a one-night stay in MB. Ended up getting less. Though its only a block from the waterfront with good restaurants and sites, this place was bad. Here's the list
- paper thin walls
- a front door that had obviously been smashed in before
- lights that didn't work
- a few channels on their poor tv setup
- the worst wifi connection I've ever seen. Why even advertise that you have wifi when it's that crappy and unreliable?
- room not ready for move-in as advertised.
I could go on but what's the point. Pass this place up or go camp in the nearby state park.

• Stayed July 2013
15 Thank HammockSwinger

Travelers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

OK what I have read here is not true about rude staff and being a dump? We stayed here and if your nice to the staff there very friendly. Yes it could use updating and so can all the bargin motels at Morro Bay and Pismo and most beach motels. If you want nice then pay for it. Sea Air Inn was clean had all you needed for a stay, great location walking distance anywhere and they aloud us to leave our car in the parking lot after we checked out for a couple hours to shop. They have no swimming pool or air conditioner so make sure its not hot there, at least its only hot there a few days a year. We stayed there June 29.2013, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a top floor with bay view and front view of downtown room #116
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is the kind of motel that crack prostitutes rent. There was mold in the bathroom...the bedspread and carpet were ancient and filthy. I can't believe Expedia even has it on their site. I walked in and walked out of the room and could not stay 10 minutes let alone a night. When I called Expedia to get my money back, they called the motel and then told me "they were unable to help me". Surprise, surprise. So I called my credit card company who is refunding my money. Expedia has had lots if my business in the past: they just lost a customer .

• Stayed April 2013
20 Thank Mta79
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The motel is ok for a 1star hotel, if you are fine with unhonest & rude behavior of the hosts. The motel is not ok for disabled people - any requests are turned down commentless by the host.
The room was ok with a couple of things broken and mold in the shower.
Checking out we wanted to grab a cup of coffee - it is more water than coffee - we didn't drink it. The sweet breads were those of the packaged kind - dozens for 1 or 2 dollars. So in fact there is no eatable breakfast.
Location is fine. This hotel runs for 30 dollars on Priceline - at that price it was ok (if you're not disabled).

Room Tip: You won't be able to choose a room. The hosts are rude - the only thing the clerk told me three...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
31 Thank Silver U
Morro Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Check in was fast and easy. Staff were courteous and attentive. Great location. Shower water had a consistent temperature where as other hotels I've stayed at water would go from hot to cold and cold to hot spontaneously. So I loved the shower water staying at a consistant temp. I'd of given of 5 star rating except that the beds mattress was a bit to hard and a little lopsided but I'd definitely stay there again, everything else made my stay we'll worth it :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I will make one positive comment - the location was great - only two blocks to the bay.
The rest echoes what other tripadvisor reviews highlight. I arrived at the property around 1 am. I had called in earlier in the evening to let the receptionist know that I will be coming past 1 am. It was a cold night, and the front office was closed with the lights off. Good thing I had the phone number of the receptionist - so I thought. We called the number - no answer whatsoever. We knocked on the door and repeatedly pushed the front office chime - after perhaps 15 - 20 minutes, a man finally came out. He was sleeping. I do apologize for coming late, but this was a frightening experience.
The property itself is basic - much more stripped than cheap motel chains. The staircases are skimpy (don't slip in between), and the room - it's carpeted, and I didn't quite manage to trust the beddings. There was a musky smell in the room. Window is thin, space is tiny, and bathroom needs updating. The heater is a gas heater on the wall - very outdated.
If you plan to spend any time to lounge in your hotel room, this isn't the place you're looking for. If you're traveling somewhere and need some stopover - you could consider this location, because everywhere else is basically overpriced. Be ready to hit those front office chimes though!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple