“Worth a Detour Just for Giovanni's!”

Giovanni's Fish Market & Galley
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Giovanni's Fish Market is Morro Bay's oldest fish market and seafood restaurant, serving and providing the freshest daily catches with the best view on the bay. Open nearly 30 years, our historic market and restaurant has succeeded by supplying our customers with fresh locally caught, sustainable seafood, as well as imported exotics, and a selection of hundreds of different types of seafood. Come take a seat on our wharf patio for the scenic view of Morro Rock, and the Historic Morro Bay Harbor while you enjoy our famous fish and chips, clam chowder, fish tacos, and more. Top it off with a drink from our full bar to complete the perfect meal on the bay. With Giovanni's Fish Market, you can even have our fresh fish at your table, no matter where you are! Have fresh seafood delivered to your door overnight, anywhere in the United States. We are very proud of our heritage, and accomplishments over the years. Our customers and community come first in our business - and your opinion counts! Our reputation for quality service sets us apart from other places along the bay. We strive to provide superb customer service, by utilizing a knowledgeable and courteous staff. Come enjoy fresh fish, and a superb meal that you won't find anywhere else but Giovanni's!
San Diego, California
“Worth a Detour Just for Giovanni's!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've been eating at Giovanni's for over 20 years and it never disappoints. FRESH fresh fresh battered cod, calamari, oysters, you name it and it is passed out the window to you so you can sit on the deck in the sun next to the water, watching the sea lions or gazing at Morro Rock. Worth the jump off the 101 for lunch or dinner -- they close at 6 pm so don't wait too late!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Christine W

• Korean first
Cambria, CA
“No indoor seating”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The fresh food is so inviting in the market. The seating for the restaurant is outside on the pier and Morro Bay is lovely if not cool. Come prepared with a sweater or jacket. Indoor seating woiuld be an option I would prefer if it was available.

• Visited May 2014
Tulare, California
“Fish and Chips cafe on the pier/outside seating”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is the best seafood eatery on this area of the coast. Fresh sea food with reasonable
prices. My dear wife and I have been eating here for years. The food is tasty and ooh so fresh.
Seating is outside under umbrellas on the pier. Please beware of hungry sea gulls. You can
go to one of the fancy eateries on the embarcadero and pay a lot more for frozen seafood.
We heartily recommend Giovanni's for the real deal. Enjoy.

2 Thank Elmer G
Los Angeles, California
“Do not miss this place if you are in Morro Bay”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were in Morro Bay for a short couple of days and had lunch here both days. Very reasonable prices, cool water front seatings, and of course fresh seafood. I had the bluecrab soft shell crab sandwhich and it was so yummy that I had it two days in a row! The second day I had a side order of rice and put some of the fried yummyness on it and it was great! I did get a snooty comment from staff when I asked for the side of rice - "Who orders fish and chips without the chips?". I already tried the garlic fries (good but not great) the day prior so I didn't feel like it again. It's ok if you always like fries with your meal but don't snob others (specially customers) if they don't. We also had the fried oysters and they were plump, fresh, and delicious! My wife on the second day had fish burrito and she really liked it as well.

Toronto
“Good food, great atmosphere and view”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I shared the grilled snapper veracruz and a bowl of clam chowder as an early lunch.. The snapper was fresh but on the bland side served with a good portion of rice. The clam chowder was delicious with a decent amount of seafood although I think the slab of butter placed into it should be optional. The best part of the restaurant is the outdoor seating overlooking the water and Morro Rock. There is free parking behind the restaurant.

1 Thank Pinter17