“Do not miss this place if you are in Morro Bay”

Giovanni's Fish Market & Galley
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Giovanni's Fish Market is Morro Bay's oldest fish market and seafood restaurant, serving and providing the freshest daily catches with the best view on the bay. Open nearly 30 years, our historic market and restaurant has succeeded by supplying our customers with fresh locally caught, sustainable seafood, as well as imported exotics, and a selection of hundreds of different types of seafood. Come take a seat on our wharf patio for the scenic view of Morro Rock, and the Historic Morro Bay Harbor while you enjoy our famous fish and chips, clam chowder, fish tacos, and more. Top it off with a drink from our full bar to complete the perfect meal on the bay. With Giovanni's Fish Market, you can even have our fresh fish at your table, no matter where you are! Have fresh seafood delivered to your door overnight, anywhere in the United States. We are very proud of our heritage, and accomplishments over the years. Our customers and community come first in our business - and your opinion counts! Our reputation for quality service sets us apart from other places along the bay. We strive to provide superb customer service, by utilizing a knowledgeable and courteous staff. Come enjoy fresh fish, and a superb meal that you won't find anywhere else but Giovanni's!
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were in Morro Bay for a short couple of days and had lunch here both days. Very reasonable prices, cool water front seatings, and of course fresh seafood. I had the bluecrab soft shell crab sandwhich and it was so yummy that I had it two days in a row! The second day I had a side order of rice and put some of the fried yummyness on it and it was great! I did get a snooty comment from staff when I asked for the side of rice - "Who orders fish and chips without the chips?". I already tried the garlic fries (good but not great) the day prior so I didn't feel like it again. It's ok if you always like fries with your meal but don't snob others (specially customers) if they don't. We also had the fried oysters and they were plump, fresh, and delicious! My wife on the second day had fish burrito and she really liked it as well.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I shared the grilled snapper veracruz and a bowl of clam chowder as an early lunch.. The snapper was fresh but on the bland side served with a good portion of rice. The clam chowder was delicious with a decent amount of seafood although I think the slab of butter placed into it should be optional. The best part of the restaurant is the outdoor seating overlooking the water and Morro Rock. There is free parking behind the restaurant.

1  Thank Pinter17
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very good lunch with a wide variety of food choices. You can order fish or mexican, or hamburgers, salads and your everyday casual lunch items. The fish and chips are well done and we also had the special halibut tostadas which were tasty too. This is outside dining..so beware of the huge aggressive seagull, they are moochers and they go to the bathroom when you least expect it. We sat near the wall on the bar stools and they didn't bother us. Might be better to take the food to go in the safety of your room. Outside of the birds, the food is good and there is a long line when they open, so get there early.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We stopped along our drive. This was a great place! Fresh sea food, I had Fried scallops and my husband had halbot fish sandwich. We both had their garlic fries which were wonderful! We enjoyed our meal out on the patio that they have and watched the sea lions play!

2  Thank NelsonTravelers
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Fresh. Fresh seafood. Sets right on the dock of the bay. Great location. Outdoor seating. Cold beer. Fresh as it gets right off the boats. Soft shell blue crab sandwich was as good as they come. All the food looked fantastic. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Oldnway