“Spir of the moment!”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Apple Valley
“Spir of the moment!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Sandpiper Inn was exceptional clean and comfortable. It also had a nice size refrigerator and micro wave. The grounds are beautiful and kept, and to top it off it is reasonable priced...it is small and cozy. The owners and family are very nice. O and did I mention Breakfast....

Room Tip: I wanted to stay on the second floor so I could have. A view of The Rock but my husband doesn't...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry B
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hey there Kerry!

Glad you enjoyed the trip down here. If you every decide to get the room with the view just let me know I will definitely talk to your husband. Hahaha I am sure he will agree next time. Hope to see you again. Have a warm and sunny day.

Mihir Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had reservations this weekend (2-1,2-13) at a different motel and when we got there we didn't like the looks. Drove around and saw the Sandpiper.....looked nice and close to the bay, so, I went in to check the rates. I was greeted by very friendly people, we talked awhile, I told him by budget and he made it happen. Good, clean room - nice view. The next time we're in Morro this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Steve,

Thank you for stopping by. We enjoyed having you here. Come by anytime and we will always have discounts and promotions. Have a great day.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Sandpiper Inn was my best find on a recent trip up and down California's central coast. The motel is located on a quiet section of Main Street in Morro Bay, but still within walking distance of the harbor and restaurants and shops in downtown. The room was clean, tastefully appointed, and I had a great view of Morro Rock and the bay from my window (I had the corner room, 22, which I highly recommend).

I also appreciated the layout of the rooms -- at least the one I was in, the bathroom was situated between the adjacent motel room and where my bed was -- thus keeping any noise down to a minimum. So many motels are arranged so that bedrooms share walls and it's far too easy to hear TV noise, etc. The Sandpiper was very quiet, even with most of the other rooms filled during my stay.

The owners are very friendly and responsive, and clearly take good care of the building.

Room Tip: Room 22 is a corner room with a window that looks out to the bay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank happynomad32
Hello !

I hope the storm didn't give you more trouble after the second time. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay and like our rooms. Room No. 22 is the top most liked room and I am happy that you like it too! Have a splendid time ahead. Hope to see you again.

Trabuco Canyon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn was a very clean and comfortable Inn with a great view of Morro Rock. The owners were very pleasant. Had a great time with my two kids over MLK weekend. My kids and I can't wait to stay again when visiting Morro Bay/Los Osos/SLO.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Mike!

Thank you for sharing the wonderful thoughts. I enjoyed having you and the children here. They were very jolly and cheerful. I hope to see them again too. Have a wonderful day.

Orange, California, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Sandpiper Inn in Morro Bay was a nice, basic place to stay. It was affordable, the staff was very friendly, and their communication and customer service by email and phone was excellent. The rooms have a nice view out the front window, even for being inland a few blocks. Cleanliness and odor could be improved somewhat. We asked for a room upstairs and that was not for pets. Overall, it is a very good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Hello Andrew!

Hope your day is going well and sunny. Thank you for the warm and delightful comments.
I am very pleased that you liked our services and offerings. I will most definitely look into the issue you mentioned.

Have a great day ahead and hope to see you again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I travel around the world quite a bit, and stay in everything from shanty to the occasional 5 star with limo service from the airport. The Sandpiper is at the modest end of the spectrum, but it's clean, well positioned and reasonably priced. What's more, Neil at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. It's true the breakfast will not win any awards, but the Morro Bay foreshore shops have plenty of great brekkie places.

Room Tip: Unless you're traveling with a pet, request an upstairs room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul M
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Hello Paul,

Thank you for the wonderful coment. I am glad you enjoyed the stay here with us at Sandpiper.
Have a wonderful and prosperous new year!

Neal Patel
Lotus
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We needed an inexpensive pet friendly hotel for one night on our way to Newport Beach. This place worked out perfectly. We arrived earlier than we expected but they had a room available and it was extremely clean and well kept. I never expect much from a continental breakfast which is a good thing since the only thing available was some small packaged danish and dry cereal. It is close enough to Marina Street that we could have walked but due to the weather we chose to drive. All in all I think it was a very nice place for the price and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LivelaughloveinLotus
Hello !

Thank you for the excellent comment you gave us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sandpiper.

Have a happy and prospersous new year!

Neal Patel