“Decent, quiet, friendly staff”

Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been going to the Sandpiper for years, during its varied owners; Keystone, Rodeway, Econo, now Sandpiper. it is a nice place that has great views, clean rooms, yet is close to the South end of the Marina (Marina street). Very friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. The manager was very accommodating of special needs, and friendly. Reasonable prices, reasonable upkeep and quality. I have never regretted staying there at any time. I am a bit skeptical of the occasional angry review- maybe they work for a competitor? Theses days, the likelihood that a manager would allow any poor service and get hit with low occupancy due to bad reviews does not fit what I have always experienced there. I stayed 'elsewhere' last time in MB, (they were booked up), but returned to the "Keystone" (as I like to remember it) for another relaxing stay. It's not the Ritz, but like most people, I have to stay on budget. A great room for the price, especially in my favorite small seaside town. (Try the Fish & Chips at the 'Lil Hut!)

Room Tip: Upstairs always a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoletaTraveler_X
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. is very helpful. we are truly appreciate for your effort.
Have a wonderful day.
Neal.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

A very few blocks from downtown, but in a residential neighborhood, spectacular view of Morro Rock, great maintenance. I've been visiting family located nearby for years, when it was named Rodeway Inn. It is modest, but fills my need exactly. I plan to return here for the foreseeable future. Room had Mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, bathtub/shower. A small property, there is no restaurant or pool: but vacation destination Morro Bay is a small town with lots restaurants, ammenities

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Priscilla K, General Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for a wonderful review.!

What a nice Thanksgiving compliments.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I arrived tired and cranky after dealing with a rough month. I was greated with a pleasant smile, a great attitude and a clean quiet setting. Sandpiper Inn was very accomodating to my every need. The bed I slept in was nice and comfortable and the weekend was relaxing and reviving to my body and soul.The price, as always, was very affordable..These are the reasons that I have been staying here every time since Priscilla has taken over ownership of this hotel....Thanks again, Priscilla...See you soon..

Room Tip: You can't go wrong staying at the Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Priscilla K, General Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Your review is very helpful and we truly appreciate you taking the effort to give us a review.

We know you have a very hectic schedule. Thank you so much.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The accomodations were comfortable and included a mini fridge and microwave. Priscilla, the manager, was very pleasant and helpful. She made restaurant recommendations and provided coupons. I would definitely stay here again. A real gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Your review is the real GEM!!!

Thank you so much and we look forward to your next visit.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We never had the chance to experience this hotel, and now never will. After talking with the manager and being intentionally hung up on during two separate phone conversations regarding a change and accommodation needed due to unforeseen circumstances, I sadly have to give this hotel a ZERO-STAR rating. What started as a pleasant situation, quickly turned into a manager who didn't have time to discuss my options with me to receive a partial credit for a hotel-stay that was never used, threatened that if I continued the discussion any previously-discussed options were eliminated, and continually interrupted my conversation to eventually hang up on me mid-sentence. When I attempted to call back, she hung up on me again after I stated who I was. I could understand this behavior if I had been rude, condescending, threatening, shouting at her, etc, but given that NONE of these was the situation, the manager of this hotel lacked any customer service skills to help come to some agreement that was amicable for my family and our needs. I was not asking for a full refund, but I was hoping for some compromise on the hotel staff's part in order to keep my future business and attempt to maintain their otherwise positive list of YELP reviews.
If you can, I recommend staying at a hotel that has a corporate customer service policy that would ensure negotiation and maintained business to make you feel secure and confident in your booking with them should the unforeseen or unplanned circumstances arise. The Hilton, Marriott, and similar hotels will ALWAYS do their best to accommodate your requests and help to attain some middle-ground of your needs and theirs. Unfortunately, Morro Bay's Sandpiper Inn management fell short in every aspect of this.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank X X
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Cancellation charge is hard to accept sometimes.
In order to give you an opportunity to come visit in the future, I offered to give you a credit of 50%. We normally allow it Sun-Thurs., you said , you can only come on Saturdays. When that Saturday was not good because of your family issues , you wanted refund instead. I said we don't do that. You insisted on your refund and I said there is nothing more I can do for you and my phone rung so I had to excused myself. Then you called again but I was still busy with other customer and there is nothing more I can do for you. Sorry!
Now you want to use the power of internet against us because you did not get your way.
It's alright, some customers know how to read between the lines.
But thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Quality time without the kids! Beautiful hotel..It is our 2nd home on the coast without paying for a 2nd home. Small cozy room with fridge and microwave. Short walk to the beach. Love the deco around the hotel. Make you feel right at home...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Priscilla K, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you !
Maria thank you for your generous tip.
You are most welcome to come back with or without the big kids you have. They are grown up. And you don't need anniversary excuse to come.

You are always welcome! Bye.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a two story motel that accomodates pets on the first floor. We traveled with large luggage so we needed to pack a separate bag to go upstairs (stairs only). The manager is very helpful and suggests things to do. She gave us some coupons for resaturants. The Kitty bfast place was great. Locals hang out-great fresh coffee served. The sunset was gorgeous and the looming volcanic rock in the middle of the bay adds some character to an interesting loking town. We were in and out quickly but it looked like it had some cute shops. We stopped here on out way to the Hearst Castle. It was pretty close but there's construction on the road leading there so give yourself time for this if staying there now.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Many thanks to both you and your european friends. Next time , spend at least a couple of days so you are not too rush. Except for the road maintenance, I hope your trip was a good one.

Again, thank you.