“What A Disappointment!”

Coffee Pot Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atascadero, California
“What A Disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went for breakfast on a Sunday. Despite being right on the harbor, there is NO VIEW. We stood at the front desk for minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. Waitresses went by, bus boys, finally the owner had a table wiped off and we were seated. We had to tip toe across a food spill on the floor that no staff seemed to care about. When we were handed the menus we should have left. My husband's was stuck together by food and horribly stained. Everything was sticky and grimy, including the salt and pepper shakers. Yuck! I didn't even want to use the bathroom here - the floors down that hallway and in the bus area were filthy. The waitress brought out silverware and had to go back and get a cleaner knife for me because she saw food on the first one she brought out. We ordered the Morro Benedict and the Harbor Benedict. Mine had crab meat and was barely warm, hardly any hollandaise sauce, undercooked potatoes and over-cooked yolks on my poached eggs. My husband's breakfast was at least steaming but he had an egg shell the size of the first joint of my thumb still attached to one of his eggs. He tried to get the waitress's attention to notify her of my cold breakfast, made eye contact with her and she ignored him and went into the kitchen. She never came back to our table after serving the food. We ate what we could and got up to leave after a long wait...still the check was never brought to our table. We met up with the waitress on our way to the front desk and she said "Oh I have something for you" and handed us our check. It was the hardest $34 we ever had to pay for food. Why didn't we walk out after opening the sticky menu?? Ugh! Never again!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tahoe
“Great Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice local breakfast spot, easy parking. Great food and service.Situated at the end of the waterfront.

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been here to visit before and the food was great. This visit my friend and I both ordered runny eggs, they came hard as can be, then they got sent back and they were over runny. I never even ate mine, and the waitress never asked if there was a problem.

My friend ordered a plate that included eggs, and a biscuit, she didn't want potatoes, so it was send back. The waitress went ahead and changed her order so that she got charged for each item separate, costing my friend more. Needless to say, we were both unhappy.

It would have been nice of the waitress to see the uneaten eggs and ask if there was a problem. Eggs are very easy to cook, apparently not for this restaurant..

• Visited July 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“good breakfast spot by the harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had breakfast in Morro Bay the day after my daughter's college graduation. The Coffee Pot is a small place, favored by locals, right on the harbor. We had the usual: bacon & eggs, French toast, etc. The eggs come with potatoes O'Brian (basically home fries) and toast. Clean, pleasant, good atmosphere, reasonable prices. Just a nice low-key local place. The owner is a Chinese man, born in Shanghai, who has operated the restaurant since 1960. You can stretch your legs with a walk along the harbor and check out the local fishing boats. Nice.

• Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“good breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had breakfast here. Our food was hot, fresh and tasty. I am picky about my eggs, they were prepared perfectly. Our server kept our coffee hot, this is what I expect at breakfast..

• Visited June 2013