“Love this place!”

Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food is good, atmosphere great, and the owner has an amazing story. Food is like any other coffee shop.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I like this little place very much--unfortunately Gordon is closed early afternoon so I do not get a chance to visit it as often as I would like.Excellent service,excellent food,very fast paced environment--sometimes there is a wait for a few,but you can have coffee outside while you wait and it's worth it.The place is clean and the staff is very efficient---the prices are reasonable as I recall and I would definitely say"you gotta try it"!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Not only do I like to eat at the Coffee Pot Restaurant in Morro Bay, but the wait staff are excellent.
Orders are taken quickly, even when the restaurant is nearly full of customers. Thank you Sandy. When my wife orders French toast or a waffle, the syrup comes to the table warm. Nothing like a hot waffle with hot syrup. Don't forget to try the Popeye on the menu if you, like me are a lover of spinach. If you have to wait for a table, Gordon (the owner) will give you a cup (not stryrofoam) of hot coffee to help the wait. I have a suggestion if your scrambled eggs are bland, liven them up with a little salt and pepper or Tobasco. Works every time.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just spent three days in Morro Bay, Calif. and stayed at the Days Inn. From there you can walk two blocks down to the water front and have a wonderful Breakfast. Gordon has owned the coffee pot for 25 years. One of the Waitress Sandy has been there for 20 years. I have Celiac Disease and they had no problem cooking mine seperate so there would be no cross contimation from food with wheat barley or Rye in it. We love the food, the people and the coffee.

1  Thank 1knitpick2
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband has seen this place for years so he had to try it. What a mistake!!! The cheese on my omelet (sliced cheese) wasn't even melted when it came to the table. Our toast was cold and my husbands plate of scrambled eggs were just a nothing taste. We have decided that he can no longer choose where we are going to eat. It wasn't even busy when we arrived, but it was terrible.