“a wonderful breakfast!”

Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 22, 2012

this is a marvellous breakfast place. I stopped by after my walk to the rock and back and it was full, with a small line waiting, which I joined. It was worth the (short) wait for great big mugs of excellent coffee, friendly service and delicious food. Definitely worth going here

There are newer reviews for Coffee Pot Restaurant

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have eaten there quite often and NEVER been disappointed. I had biscuits and gravy (yesterday) and they were just the way I like them. My wife was introduced to the "Popeye" by me and has it often. Love that spinach. Gordon makes his customers feel right at home and the waitresses are the greatest. The busboy is very friendly and keeps the good coffee pouring. I'm certain you won't be disappointed with the menu or the service. You'll be back after your first visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

After the first morning we went back two more times. The waffles and pancakes are not to be missed - light, fluffy, yummy. Also had the bacon and sausage. We avoided the waiting by arriving before 9 or 9:30 AM. The two waitresses are so efficient and speedy - miracle workers and the bus boys are not bad either. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stopped by here on our last morning in Morro Bay. We both ordered the Belgian waffle and sausage links. The waffle was possibly the best I have had in a long time. It was light, and cooked just right. Usually, restaurants undercook waffles and they come out a little mushy. Not this one. Done just right. The coffee was top-notch as well. I could have had 3 cups but I had a long drive to Big Sur ahead of me with few places to stop. About the only negative was the sausage was slightly overdone. It had good flavor though. The owner came around to all the tables to at least say hi. Great little place overall.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had breakfast here twice, great coffee and service. Friendly staff, very good omelettes - not salty or heavy like many restaurants. Perfect for breakfast or lunch in Morro Bay.

1  Thank dstravel2012