“the real deal”

Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 26, 2011

just plain wonderful food. We went for breakfast. Had a seafood omelet and some really great biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great food. Great service. Excellent experience.

Even the owner is quite interesting and makes for a good time at the Coffee Pot. I believe he truly goes out of his way to make sure everyone is enjoying their experience there. Two thumbs up!!!

1  Thank Medina M
Reviewed October 14, 2011

If you like good food, this is the place to dine. Especially if you are fond of spinach you have to try their Popeye omelet. The waffles are very good too. Haven't had a bad meal there in all the years we have been dining there. The waitresses are exceptional. Coffee in the cup all through the meal. The owner is very friendly and goes out of his way to make you happy.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This restaurant was extremely busy when we arrived around 9:00 a.m. There was one waitress working the whole restaurant so I was a bit concerned when we were seated. No need to be concerned, though. The blonde waitress(sorry, I didn't catch her name)handled all of the tables like a seasoned pro. Later, when I complimented her service she told me she had worked there 17 years. Anyway, on to the food. I ordered the Mediterranean omelette and my partner ordered the Chile Verde omelette. Despite the crowd, the food arrived very promptly. Both of our orders were delicious. I couldn't decide which I liked more. The potatoes were nice and crispy brown as well. We had a thoroughly great breakfast here and we will be back next time we go through Morro Bay.

1  Thank Bark51862
Reviewed September 4, 2011

If you are looking for a hearty breakfast or lunch in a cozy diner, then The Coffee Pot is the place for you. The food is good and the hard-working staff does an amazing job, even on busy weekends. If you are town for more than just Saturday and/or Sunday, I recommend visiting on a weekday, as it is usually less-crowded.

On a side note: To really appreciate The Coffee Pot's success, read the owner's (Lu Chi Fa) autobiography, "Double Luck: Memoirs of a Chinese Orphan." It is very readable, and you will be inspired by Mr. Chi Fa's triumph over adversity. Two of my children read the book when they were in 6th grade, and were thrilled to meet him at The Coffee Pot. If you are an American, you will be proud of the opportunities our country provides to those who work hard and perserve.