“Nowhere near the bay if you're walking!”
Review of Holland Inn

Holland Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Nice clean friendly and reasonably priced but it was a bit of a perilous hike to the beach as you have to cross a few badly lit busy roads.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Holland Inn since 2002.. A friend recomended them and they are always our first choice . I never knew they had a continental breakfast ,because theres a Grocery store next door !! I get milk and doughnuts . I bring cereal and oatmeal from home whether its just us or our family too. I bring extra coffee. I love that theres a microwave and a fridge. They showers are HUGE ! Weve stayed in the Jacuzzi room with fireplace one year on New Years! It was great ..Ive probly stayed atleast 10 x in as many years. The rooms are very clean everytime ,My reservations were always held . Its always been quiet even when full. I always slept well ,played well and made memories to last. The price is right , you get all your basics and no stairs! We have reservations this June for a special trip with family and am looking forward to it ! At first I tried to reserve this room and thought it was full .So we got another one and upon reading the reviews of the other hotel we canceled and gave this one another try and we were in luck!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed May 4, 2012

From the accommodating front desk to the nice touches in the room, this budget motel is a step above. I expected the drab, semi-clean, sort of smells budget room with rough thin towels and an uncomfortable bed. Instead, I found the room spotless (although the carpet needs shampooing or replacement), the bed quite comfortable and the towels reasonably thick. The front desk was super super nice! Don't get me wrong - this is still a budget motel but seriously folks...if it's between this place and motel six (or similar) - take this one!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I recently returned to Morro Bay, CA to see family and stayed at a small but quaint place that I would recommend to any traveler. The rates are great, staff friendly. I had a two room suite that was perfect as I had my 18 month old Granddaughter overnite with me. Great place!

Room Tip: Depending on size of travelers the two room suite is great and roomy
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rdadger2003
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were expecting a dump and actually got something special. I booked this room just to crash that was cheap for our trip home. We had been in so many nice rooms I was dissapointed it was coming to an end. I saw the sign that said Jacuzzi room and asked how much...it was only $30 more. WTH we tried it. The tub was so huge. We went to the little dive bar down way and came back and relaxed in the spa. I felt like my vacation hadn't ended afterall.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Crystalanryan
Reviewed January 31, 2012

After spending the previous night at a harrowing Chinatown hotel with little in the way of good sleep, we were looking forward to a quiet night in Morro Bay. When we arrived at Holland Inn, I was at first annoyed when he couldn't find my reservation and then upset with myself when it was discovered that I booked the reservation for the wrong night. Fortunately, the fellow worked with me on this and when my husband saw a room with a Jacuzzi and Fireplace, we upgraded to that room without any hassle. From the outside it looks like one of those old fashioned roadside motor hotels, but when we got in the room we found that our host had worked pretty hard at modernizing the place (and not in a tacky way). We are very grateful for the kindness the host showed, the comfortable rooms, and good night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Valkaryn
Reviewed January 16, 2012

this is your place! A great deal for what they offer. It was clean and office staff was friendly! :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family