“Fllthy dirty and dishonest”
Review of Holland Inn

Holland Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2007

First off scary looking and unfriendly people that reek run this dump. The lobby reeked too I have never seen black carpets in a hotel Ever! the color is really black for a reason to hide the dirt. the carpet smelled like dirty feet and ? I used my credit card to book the room and paid cash at check in. Later on I found that my card was charged.
I paid $180.00 cash and my card was charged $230.00 I called the manager Andy and he said I paid by credit card, He lied. It was to late to dispute the charges by the time I found out. SO don't use your card here better yet don't stay here. The poor maid was so over worked we cleaned our room after. The pillow cases and sheets where not changed and watching the next day we saw that nothing was being changed in the room how disgusting is that! Never Ever Stay at this toilet. Thank you Tripadvisor for letting me get this off my chest! Always look at the room first. This was a summer weekend and we had no choice but now you know not to say here.......

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank greenapplesgoat

Reviewed May 30, 2007

Seriously, what kind of business are these people running? My husband and I booked 5 nights over the Memorial weekend at the Holland Inn in Morro Bay. We arrived at 2:15pm, check in is 2:00. When we approached the check in window, there was a sign stating they wouldn't be back until 3:30pm...the housekeepers said the lady had left to pick her kid up!!! At check in time?? We waited around for over an hour and a half then finally left. We called later (when someone was there to answer the phone) and cancelled our reservations. They were going to charge us for 2 nights anyway, after some yelling they told us they would only charge us for one night. I think this "Inn" is a joke and I would stay as far away from it as I could!! Do not stay here, or TRY to stay here if you plan on enjoyng a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank kmhowk
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We were looking forward to our short vacation in Acadia. My wife made reservations over the phone with the hostess for 2 adults and a 3yrl old. We arrived, checked in OK, the host was a nice guy. The next morning the hostess told us in front of other guests that she didn't know we were bringing a child and she will have to charge us more. (???!!!!) Hello! We made the resevations for 2.5 people, checked in, w/o any comments from the host, and after we settled in, and spent the night she tells us that we'll have to pay more ????? What kind of a dishonest practice is that??? Not only did she embarass us needlessly in front of other guests, she practically scolded our son for touching her antique furniture. We'll never stay there again.

The room we stayed in looked nice, but the ac fan (little control over it) was coming on/off at night and it was loud. It kept on waking me up.

We enjoyed Acadia but our hosts ruined our stay in the b&b. Normally we would have gone somewhere else, but since this was only a 3-day vacation for us, we didn't want to spend time looking for hotels (there was little vacancy during the weekend). So this put us in an awkward situation. We decided spend as little time there as possible and enjoy the beautiful Acadia.

Our Recommendation, stay away from this one.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank ManBug
Corcoran Ca
Reviewed July 9, 2006

The rooms don't have AC or fans. When I asked manager about AC he said to just open the window. The room we were in had a leaking hot water faucet in the shower which was not safe for our son. The main top ceiling light was about to give out and all it did was fliker the hole time that we had it on. The front dest office smelled so bad you just had to hurry and get out of there. I have stayed at outer places for this price and belive me they are alot better then this place. I myself will never stay or recomend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2006
22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Duisburg/Germany
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Basically, we would agree with the two previous reviews.
The room was pretty small and did not really smell to well. The lobby was worse...
The continental breakfast did not seem to be worth a try... the bit of coffee I had seemed to confirm that.
There was quite some noise which was coming from HWY101.
At least, the pricing was alright, 36$/night.

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Holland Inn on our way from San Francisco to Los Angeles. We wanted something clean and inexpensive (relatively).
The hotel room was quite small but clean, with no off smells. There was a bar fridge in the room and a coffee maker, and a continental breakfast was offered after 8:00 AM, too late for us. Free wireless internet access was advertised, but the owner's home made system did not work well, and we constantly had to remind him to turn it back on.The bed was fine and the linens were good.
The hotel is next to a decent grocery store and what is supposed to be a great seafood Taco place (from another review), but we did not try it.
Overall it was OK for the price for one night.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank plato12345
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed October 7, 2005

Planning to arrive in Morro Bay late, we booked our first night at Holland Inn. I was made my reservation on the phone and was quoted only $30 for the night. When we arrived, he tried to charge us $60 for the room. I told him that I was quoted $30 and he told me no, I said “Well I have a confirmation number” and then he asked my name again and said “Oh sorry, I had the wrong card”. Sure! So, for $30, it was fine.

It was stressed upon check in that the rooms were NON-SMOKING yet our room smelled like smoke. Go figure. The bedding didn’t seem to be all that fresh, probably just old. The room was small and although it was directly across from the beach. They don't exactly point out... ACROSS HIGHWAY 101! It is NOT in walking distance to anything you want to do.

The tub was tiny and the shower had a water preserving nozzle on it, which sucked!

When we went to check out, the lobby was like 100 degrees and had a terrible overwhelming odor of Indian food or something. That very smell was singed into my nostrils for the remainder of the day!

If you are completely pinching pennies, stay here, you won’t care! If you have a little more to play with, look elsewhere. I also stayed at El Morro Masterpiece Inn during this same time, check out my review on that one, too!

• Stayed: September 2005