“Nice and cozy motel - t-shirt disappeared”
Review of Pleasant Inn

Pleasant Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We were here for one night (June, 5th - 6th ,2014).

Motel itself:
A very nice and really pleasant motel. Lot a if beachy and vintage details. Lovely arrangend flowers. The motel is up to date . It has just a few rooms, which are very nice. Everything seems to be renovated recently.

Service:
The person who welcomed us was very nice and explained their service. No problems with our reservation.

Location:
The motel is surrounded of many restaurants and cafes. We had dinner in the galley seafood and grill, which was very delicious.

Minus point:
In the morning of June, 6th I hung my t-shirt at the back of the bathroom door on the coat hook. Here I am 100% sure. We left the same morning and as we were on the road again I realized I forgot to take that shirt with me.
So I wrote an email the same evening and called them the very next day in the morning. I was not of that idea that they would not find my shirt. I was just thinking of, how can I manage the transport of my shirt (Of course I would have taken over the costs of the transport, no question!)
So I was really badly disappointed when they told me they have not found it. It was just one day after we left and it was not somewhere on the floor, it hung. How is that possible?

So please check again if you maybe find my shirt. It could have fallen down between the bathroom door and the wall behind if someone opened the bathroom door impulsivly. Or the housekeeping thought it is a towel. Please think of what could have happen to know where to search for.

Please double check and let there be a happy ending for me and my favorite shirt.
It is not an expensive shirt but one with lots of memories I have with.
Its a beige long t-shirt kind if thin texture.

Also my husband will thank you, as he had to bear my bad mood.

Thank you in advance!

K&A from germany

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnS32746, Guest Relations Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank You for your recent stay at our Inn. We are pleased that you were greeted promptly by our staff and enjoyed your visit with us. We were sorry to hear about the misplacement of your t-shirt. Please know that once notified, staff began a search immediately. We interviewed each of our team in housekeeping and determined that it had not been seen in the room. We began a search of all of the linen closets, bags and waste retention areas and even called the sheet and linen service company to see if it was received by them. Unfortunately there was no shirt in any location at the inn or with the linen partner. We are sorry we were unable to locate the t-shirt that meant so much to you and hope you enjoyed the rest of your travel through California.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on a roadtrip, it was a stopover town for us and there's not really a lot in the town to do or see.
The motel is situated near the seafront, rooms are nice and smart, clean. Internet was abit patchy but we had HBO so that was a bonus. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnS32746, Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thanks for staying with us during your overnight visit to Morro Bay. We are very happy you loved our little Inn. We appreciate you passing on to us the patchy internet service you experienced during your stay and will look into any issues on property immediately.

We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This motel was perfect for our needs. I found it by searching the internet and reading reviews on tripadvisor. We stayed in Room # 1, which was a comfortable size with a kitchen it also has a partial view of the water. The room was spotless, bed was comfortable, linens were good quality and the decoration was charming. We enjoyed that we were within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The road noise was a little loud during the day but as the manager told us when we arrived "the sidewalks roll up at 8:00", she was not exaggerating because the evening was quiet. As other guests have mentioned the walls are a little thin but our experience was that all was quiet after about 9:00 pm. When in the area we will definitely choose to stay at the Pleasant Inn Motel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula T

Paula

Thanks for passing on your wonderful comments about your visit to the Pleasant Inn Motel. We are so glad you loved the ocean view room and it was a quiet for your stay.

Take care and we hope you return to see us again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Traveling alone, I wanted to stay at a safe, clean, quiet and reasonably priced motel/hotel. Because I booked late, the only room available for my dates was #5. #5 is an 8x10 room with a double bed and shower. I wasn't sure how it would work, but it was great. The room was clean, the bed comfy, the shower hot, the price reasonable. There's a window for ventilation and when open you can hear the seals and foghorn.There is a small fridge and a coffee maker in the room, as well as a TV. The hotel is in a perfect spot, close to the bay and one block to town, where you can find excellent coffee at Top Dog & morning yoga at the Yoga Center. The walls seemed a bit thin, but luckily the other guests went to sleep early. The manager, Sandy was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank busyblondecalifornia

By the way love your user name!

We are so glad you felt safe at our little inn and enjoyed our cozy room 5 while you stayed with us. I just love the fog horn and seals myself at night, you feel nature is just at your back door.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is an old school motel that has been nicely renovated. Very well appointed, clean and comfortable.

Excellent bed and nice linens.

Good location and an easy walk down to the waterfront.

Walls are a little thin, so you can easily hear the occupants in the next room.

Overall, a very nice stay in a comfortable room.

Staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Good Day!

Thanks for passing on your great comments regarding your visit to the Pleasant Inn Motel. We appreciate your feedback.

We hope you return to Morro Bay for a future stay...

Cheers!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We found a gem in the Pleasant Inn Motel. We wanted to bring our dog, Puppy, on this trip so after some research I located information about Pleasant Inn from http://www.bringfido.com/. I loved the look of the place and the rooms. Pleasant Inn did not disappoint. We stayed in room# 1 with a little kitchen. The kitchen pretty much has all you could need if you're looking to save a little money and do some cooking while you're there. The room was so cute and cozy. I loved the decor! The bed was very comfy! Puppy was made very welcomed which I loved! He got a new blanket, doggie dish, doggie treats, and a few doggie bags for good measure. :) They have nice little seating areas around the motel as well so you can sit outside and enjoy the weather. There is no ceiling fans or air conditioner but it's not like you'll need it much there unless you hit an unusually hot day. There is a nice wall heater that keeps the room nice and toasty for those cool nights.

The staff is really nice, especially Sandy. They made all of us feel very welcomed. I loved the location of the motel to all the shopping and restaurants as well! From going down to the Embarcadero or heading up to the "downtown area" (as I like to refer to it). We loved it there and really hated it when the time came to leave. The next time we plan another overnight trip to Morro Bay we definitely will try to stay at the Pleasant Inn Motel again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Terri

Thanks for staying with us and passing on your outstanding comments about our cozy inn and Sandy our property manager. We are so happy you loved our place while visiting from the central valley and we look forward to seeing you again when returning to Morro Bay.

Have a wonderful summer season!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is not the Hyatt. You don´t go here if you need a fitness center, hotel bar, laundry or room service. Pleasant Inn is a very small motel with few rooms, you park your car in front, reception is open 9am to 9pm, nice attention.
We were a party of five and had a comfortable night in the family room. Quiet area, quiet place and no one above. All rooms seem recently renovated and nicely decorated. Location is just great, with many dining and breakfast options in close walking distance.
We would have loved to stay longer in the area but were on a tight schedule. I have to comment that we were lucky to have everything we needed for one night in two small trolleys. The family room with 3 beds is quite tiny and does not leave much space to bring large suitcases in (we left them in the car).
I understand that the other rooms are more spacious and some even have a kitchen. We liked this place!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
JohnS32746, Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Jet Lagged Man!

Thanks for staying with us and we are glad you loved the family room at the Pleasant Inn Motel. Morro Bay is a cool little town and we are glad you loved it! We hope your trip back to Spain was a safe and pleasant one......

Take care-