“Huge Portions”
Review of Hofbrau

Hofbrau
Ranked #12 of 100 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kenai, Alaska
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was good but my husband and I both agreed that we should have split one order and shared it because one order was definately ample for the two of us. We enjoyed the french dip.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Reuben! Yummmm”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a huge Reuben fan and have had some bad ones and some good ones. The Reuben was about $11 so I didn't want to waste so much if it was bad. I caved in and it was worth it. Such a good sandwich, in the top 5 Reubens I have had.

Wife had the carved sandwich which was good too. Lots of beer options and TV, right on a pier overlooking the huge rock in Morro Bay. There were otters and sea lions.

1 Thank CaptainCovert
California
“Seriously? I can't believe anyone would rank this 4 out of 5”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Morro Bay is full of mediocre places like this. It was packed on the Sunday night we visited. Their carvery seemed to be attracting a lot of people for the sandwiches. We laughed over the salads as the plate was the size of a saucer and the young guy at the counter said - "only two toppings" for the lettuce. The laws of physics wouldn't allow more than two toppings on that saucer without lettuce falling off. My companions felt the clam chowder was "tasteless" . It was not quite as good as a freeway Denny's. Two of us had the fish and chips - very greasy, two small pieces of fish inside a lot of breading. One of us had the carvery sandwich and he was happy but said the bread tasted "a little institutional". It's fast food served cafeteria style, in a pretty cold, featureless room. Lots of families and reasonably good beer on tap. But no reason I can imagine to return. There are a lot of options in Morro Bay and the bar is pretty low here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gemma'smum
Clovis, California
“Family lunch spot...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I took our 17 month old son here for lunch. This place is usually packed, but it was empty on a Tuesday for lunch. No wait, friendly staff, great food. The fish and chips were delightful, and the chowder was delicious! If you're looking for a friendly place to grab a bite for lunch, I'd look here!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Darin H
La Canada, California
“Good food but intolerable wait”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has good food and an interesting menu but if you go on the weekend be prepared for a long wait in line. There were only a few people in front of us and yet the wait was intolerable. Apparently, from my observation (I had nothing else to do while I waited!), the owner was making each sandwich and completing each order himself...this process took forever. The only help he allowed on the staff was to get drinks and to fry the fries. Despite the good food I wouldn't go back simply because who needs to wait 15-20 minutes in line for one sandwich?

They have a nice outdoor patio where one has a beautiful view of Morro Rock.

• Visited December 2012