“Roast Beef!”

Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I came here for lunch thinking it was authentic German food. To our surprise it was not , but we ordered the hand carved roast beef sandwich with provolone on a very good roll. It was awesome, probably the best roast beef we have ever had! Great view of the Morro Rock while eating on the patio. Great wildlife viewing as well.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'm horrified to admit I attended Cal Poly over 20 years ago - and I used to come out to Morro Bay to eat at the Hofbrau der Albatross. 20 years later I came up the coast from San Diego with my husband and two boys, 9 and 6 years old to camp at Morro Bay State Park. We HAD to eat at the Hofbrau and nobody was disappointed. Just as good as it was 20 years ago. The fish and chips (how do you go wrong?) was delicious, my 6 year old was able to order his usual (cheeseburger) and my 9 year old really did it right with the BBQ beef sandwich. Hopefully it will not be another 20 years before I get back.
Eat out on the patio and watch the seals swim right by!

1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Love it when we find a gem like this that is both affordable and on the waterfront. Sit inside or outside right across from the sea lions and kitty-corner from Morro Rock. We enjoyed a brew or two and came back the next day for gynormous barbecue beef sandwiches. If you prefer sauce-less sandwiches, they'll cut the roast beef right in front of you. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Not fancy; appropriate for children.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a late lunch and were famished. Off we went to the Hofbrau. Haven't eaten there in years do to our search for a perfect fish taco somewhere in Morro Bay. Had roast beef french dip. EXCELLENT! Next time though I'll order a mini version. Brought half my sandwich home. Wonderful views, friendly staff and great service.

2  Thank ginny f
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Counter service dining with great views of the ocean and Morro Rock. Selection was limited and lacked much choice in the way of German cuisine. Staff was friendly and courteous. Convenient bicycle parking outside the front door.