“Satisfactory food with few German choices”
Review of Hofbrau

Hofbrau
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Counter service dining with great views of the ocean and Morro Rock. Selection was limited and lacked much choice in the way of German cuisine. Staff was friendly and courteous. Convenient bicycle parking outside the front door.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I have been vacationing in Morro Bay for over 30 years and everytime we come here we make sure to have a meal at Hofbrau. My husband and sister-in-law really enjoy the calamari. It's tender, not tough and chewy. I love both the roast beef sandwich and the pastrami sandwich (not too spicy). Often, as we're leaving to go home, we'll stop off and get sandwiches to take home and they reheat fairly well. Good amount of meat on the sandwiches. You order your food in line, then be seated and your food is brought to you. Menu on the wall.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

A little burned out on fish and chips, we decided on this place. It was awesome! Fast service,nice staff, and everything we ordered was delicious!! Pastrami, corned beef and roast beef sandwiches could feed 2 people! Good portion sizes and reasonable prices!!

1  Thank tekkygirl
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I tend to shy away from restaurants that specialise in seafood - I can't abide the smell and I find that when they do seafood well, they tend to shirk on the meat side of things. So finding somewhere in Morro Bay was by no means easy, but I settled on Hofbrau mostly cos there were plenty of seats available on the water. The 4 people ahead of me all ordered the hand carved roast beef sandwich, so I figured they knew something, so I followed suit. And what a sandwich, absolutely stuffed to the gills with fresh beef and then dipped in jus, it was set off by a nice big bowl of fries and a cool beer. Sitting on the water, looking at Morro Rock and eating a beef sandwich as big as my head was the perfect end to a long day.

1  Thank psychokilla
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Taste good and we had a nice seat. We had the combo and the bratwurst hit sauerkraut and of course refill's.

1  Thank Gaby W