“Must stay”
Review of Fireside Inn

Fireside Inn
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Extremely friendly, very clean and up to date. Wifi in the room, HBO and cable.Town people very friendly. 30 minutes from Hearst Castle. Walking distance to harbor, shops and lots of restaurants. Great little town to spend some time in.

Room Tip: Oops, no swimming pool here. Check out the town and the wonderful friendly people in this town.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank laidbackaz
There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2012

On our way to Morro Bay we received a call from the owner at 6:30 p.m. Asking how far away we were. I don't know why he called because we had many hours before the desk would close at 11. The owner was not that friendly and he had an old fashioned check in form. He said they would have a continental breakfast in the morning. Yeah- about 6 packaged breakfast rolls, no juice, and coffee. It was one of the worst I have seen.

During the night some people checked in above us and they were very loud. My husband complained as did several others. The owner said he got after them.

The room was bare bones. Some of the lights would go off after a while. I guess they were on some kind of timer.There was no clock radio and there was an older RCA t.v. There was no towel bath mat and a rubber bathmat for the tub was rolled up and laying on the toilet.

We only stayed here because we went by the AAA book and had never seen it.When my husband called to book it, he asked if there was AAA rate or govt. Discount. The woman with heavy accent said, "Same rate for everybody!$99 dollars.

We noticed it appeared the woman who we guessed was the owner's wife was the entire cleaning staff. When we were checking out on our way to our car, she said, "Are you leaving?"-like can I finally clean your room.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Default33009
Reviewed July 11, 2012

As other reviewer's have noted, the staff is not friendly or welcoming at all. I entered the office to check in but I was totally ignored by the owner who seemed to be looking for something else to do to avoid looking or talking to me. I told him I had a reservation and he slid a form across the desk and after I completed it he looked up my reservation placed a key on the counter and said "217". Those were the only words spoken. No "hello" "welcome" "thank you" "enjoy your stay". The room was bare bones minimum as was the breakfast. I would not stay here again. Very dreary with negative vibes.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Woodrii
Reviewed June 12, 2012

There's only one way anyone would give this place a tollerable rating, if they owned the place! The two individuals, both foreigners, who manage or own the place were very unfreindly, unaccomodating and that was the best part of our stay. Been comming to Morro Bay 30 years and have stayed at nine places, this was by far the worst, dirtiest place! Our ususal place was booked so we were forced to risk another place. We paid over $225.00 to stay in a room promoted on-line as "Delux Rooms" only to find that all the rooms are the same. The fireplace, isn't a fireplace but a wall heater. The floors are filthy, the bed provides one single blanket probably purchased fifty years ago. The towels, all two bath towels, and two face towels were probably purchased at a yard sale. The only nice thing I can report is that the place is close to everything. The motel-six is a far better place to stay and at least you can justify paying $69.00 a night instead of $225.00. One would be better sleeping in your car! If we had paid under a $100.00 per night, I still wouldn't go back for fear of catching something. I checked for Bed Bugs, the floor was too dirty for them to survive there. The Hotel is called "Fireside Inn", truely a deceitfull statement!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank gino a
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It's not a new property, it's not a fancy property, but the room is large, the room is clean, the bed is good, and the fixtures all work. For value it's an A+.

No complaints, would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank retired_old_jj
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Smells like old people, and definately hasn't been renovated since 1965, but you can't beat it for the money! Only a couple blocks away from the main streets. Very helpful staff, quiet, and an overall pleasent stay! Not a luxury suite, but a nice comfortable room for a family on a budget!

Room Tip: Upstairs balconys give a slight view of the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marlin B
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I would recommend staying at this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, within walking distance of Embarcadero Street where there is shopping and restraunts. You can see the ocean and hear the seals. I will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012