“excellent meal”

Windows on the Water
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the water in the Morro Bay, Windows on the Water celebrates the finest the Central Coast of California has to offer. Fresh, local and sustainable ingredients, an extensive wine and beer list of local and international labels, the best in local musicians each Monday, Thursday and Saturday night, and arguably the most dramatic view on the coast. Join us in the bar for a drink and bar specials and dinner nightly from our menu created by our award-winning executive chef, Neil Smith.
Toronto, Canada
“excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a beautifully prepared and delivered meal of crab cakes, abalone and seared ahi... this was a very elegant meal, very contemporary prepared fabulous meal. Highly recommended. THis offers a fabulous sunset view.....

• Visited August 2013

“The overall experience was outstanding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The meal was a very pleasant experience. The view of Morro Bay Rock and harbor was breath taking.
My wife and I both had fish and it was cooked to perfection. We had the scallop starter and they were the best scallops we ever had. They were not rubbery like some we've had. They seemed to melt in your mouth.

• Visited August 2013
“Great food, service left me wanting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just came from a light dinner here. My new hubby and I stopped I'm looking for some cocktails and maybe a light bite to eat. When told that's what we wanted, a server ( who wasn't a hostess) told us we could just sit at the bar. When we expressed we would like to perhaps sit at a table with a view, we were told that we could "see the water" from the bar. Now yes, we weren't going in there for a $200 dinner, but we did end up.spending a decent chunk of change. We weren't there just for free bread. Also it wasnt like the restaurant was super crowded, there were LOTS of open tables. Her attitude towards us turned us off to the point that my husband almost thought about us leaving.

Our server was great and I had a wonderful wine flight along with a few oysters, a Caesar salad, and we shared a pizza which were all delicious. Neither of us mind paying a bit more for food if its good quality and this definitely was.

We had previously stopped at a different restaurant for a drink and then had proceeded to move along down the embarcadero. After the hostess treatment here I sort of wished we had patronized them further, just based off first impressions from the one employee at Windows on the Water.

Fresno, CA
“3rd Visit to Windows on the Water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I live in Fresno. Coming to the coast for dinner, I wanted to impress a good friend so I took him to Windows. I assured him it would be a great meal.

NOT so great though this time. We had two appetizers. Scallops and risotto. The scallops were very good. The risotto? Not so good. I actually left most of mine. I could not believe that. I even added salt. It still was blah. Then we thought dessert.

I had the peach tart. Excellent I said. My friend had the chocolate tiramosu cup. It looked great. However, the lady fingers were buried in whipped cream and were dry and hard and at the bottom. Tasteless. The presentation was very nice. He also left most of this dessert.

I tried it. I could not believe the base of it was so bad. BUT it was. It seemed to me the ladyfingers were not soaked in any flavor at all. Lots of whipped cream and chocolate shell. NEVER order this one really. I was so disappointed.

This was such a bad meal and from a restaurant where I know they serve great food. Two items that were not prepared well? That is two too many.

I am not doing a 4th visit.

1 Thank P D
Morro Bay, California
“Wine flights,views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Third visit to this on the water view. Have had fish and pork chop, both very good. But their wine flights are excellent. At least 4 flight choices of white or red, three ounce pours of three wines. Plus prix fixe pairings.
It's like visiting each winery with a tasting of their best, but with food.
Service very good, ambiance excellent, value and choices very good.