“LOTS OF FOOD!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taco Temple Morro Bay
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Anaheim, California
“LOTS OF FOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

First of all, if you're a light eater, take a friend and split something. Conventional wisdom dictates that you'd need to eat two tacos to get filled up, but nothing could be farther from the truth. There's so much piled on the taco, it's best to just use a fork...and if you're into burritos, don't be surprised when they bring you something the size of your forearm!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“Expensive but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Let's get this out of the way... I have never spent so much money at a storefront taco stand in my life and it's cash only, so be prepared.

After looking through the standard menu we went with the fresh fish specials board... and got and order each of scallop and swordfish tacos. These are not "normal" fish tacos - more of a mound of food under which - somewhere - is tucked a soft corn tortilla. I grabbed a fork, dug in, and loved every bite. The 4 huge sea scallops on one and large slab of fresh swordfish on the other were meaty, huge, and blackened then grilled to perfection, served with all sorts of side items (spicy lime cilantro sauce, a sort of mango salsa, cabbage chop, and who knows what else but doggone was it all so good I almost licked the plate). Pair that with the surprisingly expansive list microbrews on tap and an all-you-want chips and salsa bar (great fresh chips and assorted house-made salsas, from mild to paint-peelingly hot) and great staff and I wish I was a local. At $60 to cover food, beers and a hefty (well-deserved) tip this is an expensive lunch but I can't argue with the quality or goodness. This place rocked!

Sonora, California
“Food Coma!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The best Mexican food I have had on the coast! While the venue may be slightly lacking in some aspects to the snobby elitist types, you are not here for atmosphere. You are here for awesome Mexican food. And it delivers in spades!

To start if you get there at the right time (just b4 noon)you are directed to a seat and informed that the chips(homemade) and salsa bar are serve yourself. This helps free up time for the waitress and I enjoyed being able to load up on chips and salsa without having to wait. Two different salsas as well as pickled veges and a fresh jalapeño dry salsa is available.

I was crazy hungry so I ordered a carnitas burrito knowing it was huge from pics on yelp. My wife had the veggie burrito. It was much bigger than her stomach so we brought it back to the hotel. I punished myself by finishing mine, and was ruined for the rest of the day. Food coma! All the tacos coming out of the kitchen looked spectacular as well. Next time for sure.

There was a line out the door not 5 minutes after we got there and it was like that until we left so be prepared to wait if necessary, it is worth it!

Bellingham WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent veggie burrito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

An excellent veggie burrito, first time there. At $9.99 to go, a bit pricey perhaps but very large, though not heavy, owing to a lack of oiliness or cheese. A nice mixture of black beans, rice and a sort of carrot slaw mixture, with fresh and good guac and sour cream on the side. Two meals for me. I was there off-hour so can't speak to the crowdedness or not but I walked in and ordered my burrito to go and was out of there in 5 minutes.

1 Thank heywally
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taco heaven”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Ever time I visit Cambria I eat here. Prices are high unless u stick with the fish taco on the menu..I always wanted to try the carrot cake everyone raves about, I got a pc to go. Unfortunately it was very poor. It was way under cooked and raw in the middle. So into the trash it went. What a bummer.

1 Thank K K