“Continues to be the BEST!”

Taco Temple Morro Bay
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Idyllwild, California
“Continues to be the BEST!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Eating at Taco Temple is a must for us each time we visit the SLO area 3-4 times a year. Expect to wait (which says it all), but it is worth it! The seafood is fresh (daily) and well prepared, but the "Killer Carrot Cake" is simply KILLER (order it for desert when you order your meal because when it runs out, it's out!).

The restaurant is very simple (absolutely no atmosphere), but the cleanliness, service and food is absolutely the best!

Caution....cash only! No plastic accepted!

4 Thank Ken M

San Clemente, California
“Solid performance”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Have not been here in a while, but was happy to have stopped in! Packed as always, friendly staff and great food. Pumpkin enchiladas were fantastic and the scallop taco was superb (but expensive). Beer was cold and the chips and salsa rate well. Not fancy, but good!

San Francisco, Ca
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We started off with the chips and salsa, which were fantastic. The chips were fresh and probably made on site. We should have ordered nachos. I ordered blackened alaskan cod tacos. I was not impressed with the fish itself. I only ate 1/3 of the fish. I couldn't taste any blackened seasoning. There was a mound of slaw on top, with a tasty sauce. I ate some of that. Then I took one of my husband's crab cakes; her ordered the crab cake tacos. I though the crab cake was good, but he was not impressed with his taco. Maybe it was too hard to fit a whole crab cake in a taco? If we go again, I would try something different.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DBTZ
Silver Spring
“Always a winner!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Every time we visit San Luis Obispo we drive over to Morro Bay to pay homage to Taco Temple. Expect to wait especially on weekends or summer. This is a medium size free standing building in the corner of a parking lot with a view of the Pacific from the front door. Don't let that fool you. Although certainly casual, the food is made from scratch and delicious. I usually get a burrito (1) which is $8-11 depending on how you want it (mine was fresh blackened cod). I have never finished it no matter how hungry I think I am. It is unlike any burrito you have ever had. The other 5 people in our party got a variety of dishes all of which looked awesome. My wife got a bowl of soup and was too full to order anything else. The chips and 3 sauces are self serve. There are a variety of specials on a board and homemade desserts. If you get there late, you must watch as the fresh items run out and the board gets erased (entrees and desserts).
THEY DO NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS OR OUT OF TOWN CHECKS!

1 Thank James R
Scotts Valley, California
“Great Cake!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

WE visited this place after someone recommended it for my husbands favorite "Carrot Cake". We ordered 2 pieces and the waitress suggested we try one to split and then see if we needed the second. Well we had all we could do to finish the one, not to be confused, because of the large portion sz. We did ask for a second piece to go. The cake was the best we have found anywhere! And believe me we have eaten carrot cake all over this country. The cake is very dense and moist and delicious. It's weight(in Carets)is unbelievable and the Cream Cheese frosting is the best. Don't miss this place! Take some home to freeze or eat at a later date.

• Visited August 2013