“HUGE portions of AWESOME food (Vegan friendly)”

Taco Temple Morro Bay
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Santa Cruz, California
“HUGE portions of AWESOME food (Vegan friendly)”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a great restaurant! The location wasn't where we expected, but once we found it we were in for a huge treat. We went for lunch on Friday, July 19, 2013. I am Vegan so this was on my list of restaurants to seek out since I had read they were Vegan friendly. I ordered a Burrito in a Sun Dried Tomato Tortilla, my husband got a Taco, and our friend got Taquitos & a Taco. When the food arrived it was enough to feed at least 6 people. My husband and I could have easily shared my burrito, heck all 3 of us could have shared it. The tacos took up an entire plate. We all gobbled up as much as we could eat. The food was fresh and very tasty. Oh, I almost forgot...their free chips are AWESOME!! Fresh, hot and crispy...I could fill up on just those!! This place is definitely on my "must go" list when I'm anywhere near Morro Bay in the future!!

1 Thank Lynn B

Central Valley, CA
“Delicious and SO Fresh!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to TT during lunch one weekday in late June. Made a special point to eat there after reading the great reviews on TA. We were not disappointed - we were overjoyed. Being native Californians, we love Mexican food and eat it often at our favorite restaurant in the Central Valley. Taco Temple was a new experience for us and we enjoyed every bite. We each had the open faced fish taco that featured, not just pieces of fresh fish but a huge whole portion of it and covered with the freshest greens. The portions are very generous and could reasonably be shared by two. We noticed another nearby patron who was enjoying a massive burrito. I swear, it was bigger than a brick! We took a piece of carrot cake back to our hotel room and enjoyed it that evening. Very delish.
Taco Tempo will definitely be a place that we will return to when we are back in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Reno, Nevada
“OMG....awesome”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We All Loved This Place So Much! It's Our New Favorite In The Area...My Daughter And I Shared The Special Grilled Smoked Chicken Enchiladas, To Die For!

Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia
“Temple-itus”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a recent trip the West Coast of America and having read the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to visit the Taco Temple whilst staying overnight in Morro Bay.

The food was plentiful, fresh and unusually [for the USA] healthy.

Payment is by cash only and take away is available.

If you want a great family restaurant with sensational Cali-Mexican cuisine then stop here!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank NudeFoodDude
San Luis Obispo, California
“Our Go To Place in Moro Bay”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A visit to the Central Coast is not complete for us without a visit to Taco Temple--wonderful food, generous servings, amazing desserts. We used to drive by Taco Temple when staying at a nearby campground because we thought it was a run of the mill taco stand. Friends introduced us to the place several years ago and now we never miss visiting it when we are in the area. The salmon tacos are great, love the chocolate bread pudding, our friends always choose the carrot cake, burritos are tasty and huge (got three meals out of the last one!). Diner style ambiance, very crowded, casual service, ocean views.