“Best Fusion Ever!!!!!”

San Leandro, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fusion Ever!!!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our second visit to Taco Temple and we were not disappointed. The service was fast and the food fantastic. The carnitas and calamari tacos are just wonderful and the greens that come with it is divine. The salsas and extras are perfect. The price is within our budget, which is modest. Can wait to visit Morro Bay next year.

Visited April 2013

Manteca, California
“Be sure and eat here. The wait is worth it.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went here because of the great reviews. We were not dissappointed. Delicious food. Well worth the wait to get in. The prices are great, the food better. Take cash, they do not take credit cards.

Visited April 2013
Cayucos, California
“Blow your mind... fill your belly!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food is excellent, unique and fresh.
Try all the salsa choices at the salsa bar... go hot with the green!
If you have room for desert, it's all made from scratch and killer.
Bread pudding is awesome... and I don't even like bread pudding.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kelly l
Deming
“Fusion means more than food buried in spring mix”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Taco Temple is the kind of restaurant I know I should really, really like. It bills itself as California fusion food. And, indeed, the product is far from being typical Mexican or Californian fare, if, indeed, there are such things. The food is fresh, espcially the tacos, calamari and other fish dishes, while the more strictly Mexican fare such as carnitas is tasty enough. Servings of all dishes are large, in fact I wish the chile verde burrito stuffed with pork, rice and beans came in a child's portion. For me, the main negative of the Taco Tmple dining experience is that most dishes come smothered in salad. Now, I like greens--eat them every day in fact. But "fusion food" to me involves much more finesse that simply dumping a bag of spring greens mix on everything. Plus, it simply makes an already large portion look ginormous in a somewhat off-putting way, such that I tend to lose my appetite before I start eating. I seem to be in the minority of reviewers in this respect, and I see how a starving surfer would drool at the prospect of an overflowing plateful. But for me it is overkill:(

• Visited January 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Taco Temple Continues to Impress!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While in Morro Bay drop into Taco Temple to the right of the highway while headed North on Highway 1. Everything is delicious and fresh! I LOVE the chips and salsas out at a self-serve bar. The new chopped chile salsa I could bathe in it is so good. A good Arnold Palmer as a non-alcohol option and great lemonade! Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013